Beer pet peeves

MickeyJ

Trial Member
Reaction score
Saw this thread on another site and found it interesting to see what gets people wound up.
i.e. Hard to find brews that end up disappointing. Having a beer recommended only to find you have to drive 30miles to get it… etc etc

Not sure if will work here, but on other site everyone said their opinions without being trolled by others.

Not really annoying, but i do find it amusing that supply sites will have 12 beers with different names, yet all the ingredients are exactly the same except the hops. Recently noticed that every NB hefeweizen kit has the same 60/40 wheat-pilsner mix, but each has a different hop and therefore it is supposedly a different beer.

The expansion of the number of styles to include every possible variation on every possible beer, e.g. Black New England Style Double Imperial IPA. Hint: It has nothing to do with India, nor is it pale.

I have my samurai sword at the ready. If anybody says malty backbone, I'm cutting myself in half.

Trying to be nice to your buddy who hands you a "hop forward" ( wasn't this a dance in the 60s?) beer with 4-5 separate mismatched (leftovers??) hops that assault your taste buds with angry muddled bitterness . A warning ,BEFORE the first drink, would be nice next time :)

Frozen mugs.

You got that right! Went out to dinner at a popular steak house and ordered a Lagunitas IPA.( the only decent craft beer they serve unless you like Shock Top) It came in a frozen mug. When I told the waiter that IPAs were generally served upward of 40 degrees I got a blank stare. Returned to the same place last weekend. Hey, they have good food. Ordered the same beer and asked for it to be served in a room temperature glass. Waiter acted like he was doing me a big favor when he delivered the beer.

Why is it that they can serve up all of the latest in fancy cocktails, but can't pour a beer properly?

You got that right! Went out to dinner at a popular steak house and ordered a Lagunitas IPA.( the only decent craft beer they serve unless you like Shock Top) It came in a frozen mug. When I told the waiter that IPAs were generally served upward of 40 degrees I got a blank stare. Returned to the same place last weekend. Hey, they have good food. Ordered the same beer and asked for it to be served in a room temperature glass. Waiter acted like he was doing me a big favor when he delivered the beer.

Why is it that they can serve up all of the latest in fancy cocktails, but can't pour a beer properly?
Off topic, had a similar situation at Long Horn Steakhouse. Wife order a glass of Cabernet, the waitress brought out a white wine of some sort. When we said we ordered a red wine, she replied with “Oh... you wanted a red Cabernet?”

Off topic, had a similar situation at Long Horn Steakhouse. Wife order a glass of Cabernet, the waitress brought out a white wine of some sort. When we said we ordered a red wine, she replied with “Oh... you wanted a red Cabernet?”

Did she ask if you wanted fries with the order?

Chinese eBay stuff
20180224_160527_resized.jpg
Note the markings, I am not a chemist but I think this is like the mirror image backwards sundial we have.

Back