What's your next brew

Awesome! That's sorta my plan too. What yeast did you use? I remembered I had a harvest S-23 kicking around so will use that just to get it lower FG. hoping anyway...planning to pitch 5-600B cells to kick it right in
Just mash long and low is my 2c for a well attenuated crisp dry lager.

Mamacita's Mexican Dunkel. Not really a "stylistic" beer, just a dang good easy drinker modeled after some Mexican dark beer that I never knew because my Spanish kept me from understanding the server.

I'm looking at brewing a brown ale this coming weekend. I love hoppy browns like Upslope Brown Ale or Odell's Settle Down Brown, so Tasty McDole's Janets Brown Ale caught my eye. Thought I would give it a whirl.
I may adjust the grain and hop bill a bit and totally drop the carapils.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/600635/janet-s-brown-ale
That recipe came from the book "Brewing Classic Styles" and it is very good. I brew it annually on my late sister Janets birthday.
An award winning beer from a friend of Jamil Z.'s.

That recipe came from the book "Brewing Classic Styles" and it is very good. I brew it annually on my late sister Janets birthday.

Yessir. That's where I got it from. I've never seen a negative comment about the brew and I've meant to brew it for about a yr now. I've seen a newer 'session' version that Tasty has put out. I may give that one a whirl also closer to summer.

1.75 Qts/lb Infusion? I’ve moved from 1.25 to 1.5 and that improved my efficiency. Is that a BIAB or three vessel? What’s your fermentation schedule and temps? I ask as I am intrigued as well.

1.75 Qts/lb Infusion? I’ve moved from 1.25 to 1.5 and that improved my efficiency. Is that a BIAB or three vessel? What’s your fermentation schedule and temps? I ask as I am intrigued as well.

Are you referring to me? Not sure but if so, I mash in a 48 qrt cooler. Infusion mash @1.75 qrt per lb. I've been mashing a bit lower lately at 150 or so. I generally use s-05 and ferment at 64f. I may go a bit higher with my mash on this one...especially if I drop the dextrin malt.
I like keeping my mash liquid and sparge liquid volumes pretty close. Typically less than a gallon difference. I've found this is what works well for me and my set up.

I
Brew in a 3 vessel RIMS if you mean me. This last batch I mashed at 149f and it is crisper and cleaner with the cascade standing out more. Didn't do a Dry hop this time just put centennial in at flame out. Nee to put at least some of the carapils in for mouth feel and rich whitish head.

20180131_165342_resized.jpg
Just got home and poured a J Brown. Still a little chill haze but tastes great.

Now you're just rubbin it in lol!

Looks damn good though. I may have someone helping me hang drywall this weekend so I might have to postpone my brew session a week...
20180131_171914_resized.jpg
Lace lines? :rolleyes:
Most of my beers you can tell how many drinks it took when you finish the beer.

Have a tart funky saison hangin out on oak and 3 lbs of cranberries at the moment...up next gonna try and produce a Gose with honeydew melon- mandarina and huell melon dry hop. Talked with my favorite spice shop in chi town about coriander and they get fresh seeds in quarterly from India sounds like a a lot of brewers in the area order from them keeping their supply rotated

Not sure what to do next, I'm low on kegs right now so I need to get some friends to drink more beer. (I'm still working on losing weight myself). I have a nice porter started and just did a Rye IPA.

I managed to score a 25kg sack of Munich though rather than the 1kg bags I normally get so maybe something Munich heavy.

20180202_170916_resized.jpg

No sense pouring a glass, don't want to miss a drop! HAPPY FRIDAY FELLOW BREWERS AND CONISOUERS

Not sure what to do next, I'm low on kegs right now so I need to get some friends to drink more beer. (I'm still working on losing weight myself). I have a nice porter started and just did a Rye IPA.

I managed to score a 25kg sack of Munich though rather than the 1kg bags I normally get so maybe something Munich heavy.
Munich lager all munich hopped to 21 ish ibu with mittlefruh or something spicey?

Well im looking for something malty next so gunna give this recipie a burl i think i just dreamed it up what do yas think? Was going to throw some carramunich 2 in there but thought it looked too much. Trying to up the bicarbonates in this one with baking soda for the malt side of it. 2:1 chloride to sulphate with abot 150 bicarbonates from 5g of baking soda. Thoughts?

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/604002/maltylager

Brewing my boh pils ATM mashed in 62c I'm going to hold it here for 45 then raise up to dextrine rest 70 ish C and leave it for a couple of hours whilst I get some stuff done then Finnish her off this arvo

Went 3.8kg best malZ pils malt
.2 kg Carahell Weyermann

Bittering with magnum
Sazz for late hops and some Motueka B sazz
Fermenting with Czech lager yeast . 6 g gypsum 2g chloride 5ml lactic acid for a nice dry crisp Finnish let's hope anyways. I'll prob enter this into the upcoming brew comp hope I can better my second!

Back