What are you drinking right now?

I totally get this.
Friday is part of the weekend and Wednesday breaks the week in the middle ;)
I may just follow your example
My friends and I have been getting together every Wednesday night for the last 16 years. Have a few beers, smoke some wacky t backy, have a whiskey (at 9 sharp I might add), play euchre, burp, fart, and swear. Oh, and we laugh and laugh, we call each other names, and even sometimes forget each other's names....
Had to scroll back up to try and to remember what I was talking about....

image.jpg

Lovelady IPA at the Vegas airport. Heading home to see the family this weekend. Should be only one more trip back to Arizona for work. Hopefully have the job done by Easter.

I had that once with a coffee porter, the exact same response after opening the bottle. It was a great beer, I almost cried when I popped the top on the last bottle of that one...
Did you actually use coffee, or just get the same result from dark malts? (Crystal 60). There's no coffee in this one, but I did use cacao nibs to bump the chocolate flavor. Sorta like having a big ol' bowl of oatmeal with a mocha coffee on the side, that gives ya a nice warm feeling as it goes down. I think this is probably one of my best brews.

If so, a happy accident!

Side note, that pretty beer in the sun has me worried, going to leave it to mature for a week then try it again. I'm not sure, I might actually have an infected batch here.
I appreciate that nobody liked this post I am excited to say however that this one is going to be just fine!

Ginger beer here
20230323_164307.jpg

This one's a sipper 7% and kicks you ginger and alcohol has a mead thing but then sorta like beer the kafir lime is faint you have to search for it.

I put one kafir lime juice and zest in plus about 20 ibu of FWH Magnum bitterness.
Definitely taste a honey note which I'm liking it has this sweetness to it but it's subtle overpowered by the alcohol and the ginger

Ginger beer here View attachment 24785
This one's a sipper 7% and kicks you ginger and alcohol has a mead thing but then sorta like beer the kafir lime is faint you have to search for it.

I put one kafir lime juice and zest in plus about 20 ibu of FWH Magnum bitterness.
Definitely taste a honey note which I'm liking it has this sweetness to it but it's subtle overpowered by the alcohol and the ginger

At 7% is it really a sipper? 2 of those will have you sipping from the toilet:D

Like a helles with a good dash of hops?
Please tell what verietys please?
Enjoy your Aldi beer adventures
As I have never tried Helles before I just assumed it was hopped. Completely new taste to me so sorry I have absolutely no idea which variety of hop(s) it might be. Last part I can deliver on no problem :D

MyDSC2S1-057a.jpg
MyDSC2S1-057b.jpg

Opened the last of the mini-kegs from Woodforde's. Had this before. Becoming a major contender for my go to session beer for if and when I start doing session drinking. Poor clarity [edit: on the left photo] but it is 3.5% ABV. Great this is one style that Muntons officially produce a clone kit of for them - my first attempt should be matured by now so intend to do a comparison. I guess that might qualify as a session.

Cheers all happy Friday View attachment 24790
And some pizza comming up View attachment 24791
Gone abit crazy on this stuff of late:)
You started me thinking about homemade pizza when I was hungry. I might have to request one from the wife over the weekend after work.
The Publix supermarkets over here actually have a halfway decent pizza dough in the deli. We like big tomato slices instead of the sauce.
I bought some more of the Florida Dark Mexican Lager for when I get home from the brewery tonight. I try to behave and have just a couple of 5 or 5.5 percenters at the brewery as I am the one driving home.

I made pizza yesterday :)
Currently drinking tea

I am drinking Michelob Ultra. koozie for keeping it cool
Drink what makes you happy, but I do know a couple of places around here that will pour something from the water tap if you ask for something similar to Ultra:) Not a put down either, just having fun.

Drink what makes you happy, but I do know a couple of places around here that will pour something from the water tap if you ask for something similar to Ultra:) Not a put down either, just having fun.
Pretty sure that Targeting Bot has no idea what Michelob Ultra is. Or a koozie for that matter. :)

Back