What are you drinking right now?

image.jpg
First bottle of Use ‘Em Up Amber Ale. Fine clarity, as you can see. Nice floral, herbal aroma. My wife says it’s not too hoppy, so that puts it in the camp of balanced to the malty side. Very quaffable, and nice for a one off.

View attachment 24850 First bottle of Use ‘Em Up Amber Ale. Fine clarity, as you can see. Nice floral, herbal aroma. My wife says it’s not too hoppy, so that puts it in the camp of balanced to the malty side. Very quaffable, and nice for a one off.
They can always be nervous brews you never know which way they'll go.
Glad it worked out for you.

MyDSC2S1-058.jpg

Test bottle (1L) of my Old Suffolk dark strong ale. I did say that I would struggle to resist having a go at this and it has not disappointed. Refrigerated on conditioning day 7/14 three days ago. On first impressions, I think it would mature okay with this amount of conditioning but will leave the batch full duration as it isn't much longer to wait.

Like nothing I have ever experienced! On a par with my first taste of stout or porter but very different. None of my photos did justice to the colour at the bottom of the glass. Nose had reduced considerably from bottling day and is no longer prominent but pleasant although I can't define it beyond an element of warm brown sugar - probably sweetness needing to mature out. No head or lacing on initial pour but came to life after a couple of minutes swirling and stayed to the end. The relative lateness of the (Boadicea) dry hop addition (Day 6) - it fermented out quickly for early spring (Day 9 maybe already on Day 8) - seems just right but plenty of wiggle room in future. I put half the allocation of pellets in and it is right on the edge of my bitterness comfort zone. Taste and mouthfeel both seem close to maturation so this is either quick or has some quality development to go.

Refreshing, very intoxicating and has created a huge appetite. Methinks this would go great with either roast beef or lamb and potatoes also cold meat sandwiches with mustard. It's hearty stuff. Would have been tough waiting on this without Easter just around the corner.

View attachment 24854
Test bottle (1L) of my Old Suffolk dark strong ale. I did say that I would struggle to resist having a go at this and it has not disappointed. Refrigerated on conditioning day 7/14 three days ago. On first impressions, I think it would mature okay with this amount of conditioning but will leave the batch full duration as it isn't much longer to wait.

Like nothing I have ever experienced! On a par with my first taste of stout or porter but very different. None of my photos did justice to the colour at the bottom of the glass. Nose had reduced considerably from bottling day and is no longer prominent but pleasant although I can't define it beyond an element of warm brown sugar - probably sweetness needing to mature out. No head or lacing on initial pour but came to life after a couple of minutes swirling and stayed to the end. The relative lateness of the (Boadicea) dry hop addition (Day 6) - it fermented out quickly for early spring (Day 9 maybe already on Day 8) - seems just right but plenty of wiggle room in future. I put half the allocation of pellets in and it is right on the edge of my bitterness comfort zone. Taste and mouthfeel both seem close to maturation so this is either quick or has some quality development to go.

Refreshing, very intoxicating and has created a huge appetite. Methinks this would go great with either roast beef or lamb and potatoes also cold meat sandwiches with mustard. It's hearty stuff. Would have been tough waiting on this without Easter just around the corner.
Sounds like your going from strength to strength CelticTwilight glad your making some good brews mate!

I just had the last of my kölsh-isch.
Not bad, but even though I don't know the style, not great either.
I think bry 97 is not the right yeast for it.
I will brew the same recipe again though, but with a tad more hop

Sounds like your going from strength to strength CelticTwilight glad your making some good brews mate!
Thank you. I appreciate a lot of the hard work is done for me and in some respects just a beginner, never quite expected to be producing anything like some of the beers in the last two years but it gives me the confidence to consider where I might be able to take things in the not too distant future. Exciting times for sure. Almost like being a child again :)

Thank you. I appreciate a lot of the hard work is done for me and in some respects just a beginner, never quite expected to be producing anything like some of the beers in the last two years but it gives me the confidence to consider where I might be able to take things in the not too distant future. Exciting times for sure. Almost like being a child again :)

hey were all mad about brewing here :p!
Keep brewing keep learning keep having fun with the hobby:)

Back