What are you drinking right now?

The fruits of America's Oldest Brewery, with Lake George in the background.
image.jpg

View attachment 21967 After buying a bunch of essentials for our new home, my wife and I headed out on a walk to Falling Sky, a favorite local brewery. Damnit, just as we’ve found out twice before, Falling Sky is closed on Monday. So we landed at nearby Claim 52.
I’m drinking a nice West Coast IPA by Emerald, while she sips a very tasty blackberry currant cider.
It looks like the sun is out.

Good to know. When I was making my oyster stout recipe I chatted with the head brewer at my favorite brewery back home. He warned me against using 20% flaked so I backed it down. Maybe I'll try higher next time
Maybe it causes lautering issues on their scaled up systems?

I'm having a midweek cascade saison.
All in the name of science ;)
To follow taste development....
And they do change. Still taste the bitter compounds, but the sweetness is decreasing. To be sure I'm tasting this correct, I just opened a 2nd bottle (meaning n = 2, twice as accurate :confused:)
IMG_20220824_170948.jpg

Felt nostalgic for my homeland of Michigan so I grabbed some two hearted.

Kegerator is built, finished, taps installed, kegs all cleaned, pressure tested, rebuilt, rubber resealed, collar insulated, tubing ran and manifold installed.

Installed an add a tee and an in line compression based quarter turn valve beneath the sink, have a glass rinser AND a dedicated water line ready for brew day on Friday.

I think I'm ready for my first full size batch brew day in almost two years. (Don't tell Yooper I'm a fake)

Felt nostalgic for my homeland of Michigan so I grabbed some two hearted.

Kegerator is built, finished, taps installed, kegs all cleaned, pressure tested, rebuilt, rubber resealed, collar insulated, tubing ran and manifold installed.

Installed an add a tee and an in line compression based quarter turn valve beneath the sink, have a glass rinser AND a dedicated water line ready for brew day on Friday.

I think I'm ready for my first full size batch brew day in almost two years. (Don't tell Yooper I'm a fake)
Well it all sounds well and good but we need photographic evidence :D please!

Well it all sounds well and good but we need photographic evidence :D please!
Ha! Will do.

Planning an ESB and an IPA to start me off. I wish I had take more photos for the collar build but was too distracted to organize and document properly

Amber ale. But more importantly, something I’ve never seen before. At a restaurant in Whitefish, MT, the bar has a channel of ice inset into the length of the bar that you place your beer on to keep it cold. Genius! Asked the server what is was called and he said PITA because they have to clean it out every night.
DD4BE5D6-9A1D-4E18-883D-EA91B684B097.jpeg

That's a great idea in the summer but, I can't imagine it will be a draw in the middle of February up there!

Attachments

• upload_2022-8-25_12-49-12.png
    upload_2022-8-25_12-49-12.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 28

Back