What are you drinking right now?

Guess what I found in two pet bottles in the keezer
20220822_161531.jpg

Some Mild!
No fence see.

Last edited:
Nice. Been a bit since I made mine.
I like it. Finished a little higher than I planned but it's got good bitterness. I went with 80/10/10 MO/flaked/roasted. I would probably sub some chocolate for some of the roasted next time. Maybe a higher lovibond caramel too

Guinness uses that much. Nope turned out great each time.
Good to know. When I was making my oyster stout recipe I chatted with the head brewer at my favorite brewery back home. He warned me against using 20% flaked so I backed it down. Maybe I'll try higher next time

image.jpg
After buying a bunch of essentials for our new home, my wife and I headed out on a walk to Falling Sky, a favorite local brewery. Damnit, just as we’ve found out twice before, Falling Sky is closed on Monday. So we landed at nearby Claim 52.
I’m drinking a nice West Coast IPA by Emerald, while she sips a very tasty blackberry currant cider.

My FIL down in Oz gave me bunch of mugs from Germany, but I had no way at the time to get them safely home without risk of getting them broken by baggage handling. It’s a long ride from Adelaide to Birmingham and a lotta monkeys throwing suitcases around in between. I may try to pack and ship them next time we’re down under.

Lost some wine flying back from Italy one time. Sucked because we did a tasting at this place in Tuscany and it was out favorite.

We had a blast at the winery. Can’t remember the place. I need to find my information on it. Was 15 years ago…only time I’ve seen my wife drunk haha.

Back