Random thought for the day

Start of year 19 for me. Not a bad first day, chaos was lower. Of course my schedule has never been this thin. I am finally able to have the time at school to do my athletic director duties AND teach. Walked 5 miles according to my watch. Lots of running around for me during the day.

Woke up sick Saturday morning, tested positive for the VID Sunday.
Starting to come around now, feeling about 65%.
Did not lose sense of smell or taste, and assuming I won't as I am well on my way back to health.

There was a time when C19 was a very serious disease, I have a couple of friends who still suffer terrible long term side effects from having been infected early on in the Pandemic.
I have however had far, far worse flu's in the past than what I have gone through the last few days.

Glad you're on the mend Craig! When I finally got covid a couple months back, I felt the same way; I've felt worse. Glad I didn't get it until after I'd been vaccinated and weaker strains became dominant. Definitely count that as one of my blessings.

Woke up sick Saturday morning, tested positive for the VID Sunday.
Starting to come around now, feeling about 65%.
Did not lose sense of smell or taste, and assuming I won't as I am well on my way back to health.

There was a time when C19 was a very serious disease, I have a couple of friends who still suffer terrible long term side effects from having been infected early on in the Pandemic.
I have however had far, far worse flu's in the past than what I have gone through the last few days.

Glad to hear you're on the mend. I didn't lose smell or taste until very late in the game, nearly a full week after I popped positive. In fact, that was my last symptom, and was the ONLY symptom I had near the end of the illness. So don't count it out yet.

I had back to back rotator cuff surgeries when it was at it's peak, so was loaded up with antibiotics from that for a while and relatively isolated from sick people. I never got the shot, because my doc recommended I don't because of all the other meds I was taking for the surgeries and to avoid aggravating a couple other combined maladies. Everyone else in the house got it except me. Funny part was that EVERYONE (except the missus) had COVID before me. Fortunately, she never got it. I think I got it from my youngest granddaughter who brought it home from school. I was outside most of '21 as soon as the weather was fitting and building a shed. I'm pretty sure that all that wonderful sunlight (and the tons of vitamins I was taking) kept it to a very mild case. The monoclonal antibody infusion I got after testing positive probably kept it super mild too. I've had worse head colds. I only remember one day that the headache held me down. It rained that day too, so not sure if it was the headache or the rain. Kinda weird, really, because I had all the symptoms, but only 1 at a time and none of them (except the smell/taste thing) lasted more than a day. The worst day was sneezing nearly every 60 seconds. I was a little sore in the chest and abs the next day from that. Didn't realize the smell/taste thing until we sat down for dinner one night, and I might as well have been eating tasteless cardboard. The missus' wonderful lasagna was wasted on me that night. That was the only symptom that lasted more than a day.

Last edited:
Sad news recently. A Canadian legend has passed, sadly, it is aledged that he was murdered by his 41 year old son. Gord Lewis was the guitarist for Teenage Head, who are considered to be Canada's Ramones (as described by a Ramone himself). The bands history is tragic too, they were about to sign a multi recorder contract when they were involved in a serious crash in their van. Eight months later (roughly) the deal was no longer there, other bands had come onto the scene. That is how fleeting opportunities in the music business can be. In a documentary they confessed that they never wanted to be that big anyway.

Gord struggled with his mental health for most, if not all of his life.

I am personally very sad about this, a tragic end to a tragic life.

The documentary is called "Picture My Face", and is on YouTube if anyone wants to see what they were all about.

Side note, Barb's parents went to the same high school that these boys went to and met at.
Screenshot_20220820-184058_Chrome.jpg

Sad news recently. A Canadian legend has passed, sadly, it is aledged that he was murdered by his 41 year old son. Gord Lewis was the guitarist for Teenage Head, who are considered to be Canada's Ramones (as described by a Ramone himself). The bands history is tragic too, they were about to sign a multi recorder contract when they were involved in a serious crash in their van. Eight months later (roughly) the deal was no longer there, other bands had come onto the scene. That is how fleeting opportunities in the music business can be. In a documentary they confessed that they never wanted to be that big anyway.

Gord struggled with his mental health for most, if not all of his life.

I am personally very sad about this, a tragic end to a tragic life.

The documentary is called "Picture My Face", and is on YouTube if anyone wants to see what they were all about.

Side note, Barb's parents went to the same high school that these boys went to and met at.
View attachment 21939
Hard to like that...

Canada also recently lost Dallas Good, the awesome guitar player and singer from one of my favorite alt-country bands, the Sadies. If that genre interests you, check them out.

I finally finished 5 weeks of Summer Camps.....working everyday from 9 to 9 takes a toll on a person (at least a person of my age). I'm going to catch my breath and then I am going to brew something..... any suggestions?

What summer camp?
What would that entail?
Was that in China?
I'm enjoying saison's at the moment

All of my nerding out over beer has finally paid off...this morning I accepted a full time position with a local brewery. I'll be an assistant manager and sales associate. Some of these things are out of my wheel house (I probably won't need my manure shoveling prowess...), but I'm super excited to get started and explore a new opportunity in an industry I care a lot about :D

All of my nerding out over beer has finally paid off...this morning I accepted a full time position with a local brewery. I'll be an assistant manager and sales associate. Some of these things are out of my wheel house (I probably won't need my manure shoveling prowess...), but I'm super excited to get started and explore a new opportunity in an industry I care a lot about :D
Awesome! Good luck with it.

Wow that is so awesome! I’m sure you’ll do great things with them.

Oh wow congratulations Sunfire96 I can only imagine what this is gunna do for you.

Don't get to busy for us now;)

Fantastic news Annabrit, The beer drinking community will definitely benefit from your knowledge - just like we have. Well done.

Back