Random thought for the day

Our second offer on a home in Eugene was accepted!
Now we’re just waiting for the sale of our home to close, and our agent says everything is going smoothly in that regard. Next week we’re going to Eugene for the property inspection. Our agent representing us in Eugene toured the home yesterday, and said it is a really good home. We have only seen it online, but it’s in a great neighborhood.
If everything works according to plan, we’ll be living in Eugene before the end of August. With cautious optimism, I’m looking forward to making my first batch of home brew using treated Eugene tap water.
We are all rooting for you to have a smooth transition.
Strange being (briefly) wealthy but homeless...:rolleyes:

Trying to work on my 2010 Ford Escape makes me really miss my 1982 Honda Accord. That was a VERY user friendly car

I have a 2015 Ford Escape. They certainly didn't design it with DIY maintenance in mind.:mad: Or maybe they did. Make it difficult to maintain and more people will head to the Ford dealership.

I have a 2015 Ford Escape. They certainly didn't design it with DIY maintenance in mind.:mad: Or maybe they did. Make it difficult to maintain and more people will head to the Ford dealership.
Seriously. To replace the headlights the entire front bumper has to come off...

Seriously. To replace the headlights the entire front bumper has to come off...

Not sure where they put the battery on the 2010, but on the 2015 it's almost against the firewall!

Replacing just a bulb @Sunfire96 or the whole headlamp? If the latter, this is standard practice, making it harder to steal those $2k xenon headlamps. If you have regular headlamps you also get the anti-theft benefit :rolleyes:

If the former, you need a different car...

Replacing just a bulb @Sunfire96 or the whole headlamp? If the latter, this is standard practice, making it harder to steal those $2k xenon headlamps. If you have regular headlamps you also get the anti-theft benefit :rolleyes:

If the former, you need a different car...
The plan was to do the entire headlight unit, but then when I discovered it required removing the bumper I switched to just replacing bulbs. But I almost had to take the battery out to get to the bulb! And definitely used some keg lube on some finicky plastic pieces...

Henry’s Tavern (named after Henry Weinhard Brewery) at PDX (Portland Int’l Airport in Oregon) offers an amazing selection of beers on draft. And the prices are as reasonable as you will find anywhere, I’d wager.
And the food is really good, too. I’m a sucker for their bowl of chili.

Good prices for ANYTHING at the airport is a win!

One of the best pork loin meals I ever had was during a delay at O'hare...it was served with plantains and quinoa..I had a local porter with it.

Packing up a house full of the detritus of life in order to move to another state is an arduous process. And oh joy, when we get there we have to unpack it all and arrange it again. Inside 10 days now before moving north to Eugene.
Yep I don't envy you man.

Packing up a house full of the detritus of life in order to move to another state is an arduous process. And oh joy, when we get there we have to unpack it all and arrange it again. Inside 10 days now before moving north to Eugene.
It'll be a huge relief when you're there and finished in about a month you'll be thrilled that you did it

Woke up sick Saturday morning, tested positive for the VID Sunday.
Starting to come around now, feeling about 65%.
Did not lose sense of smell or taste, and assuming I won't as I am well on my way back to health.

There was a time when C19 was a very serious disease, I have a couple of friends who still suffer terrible long term side effects from having been infected early on in the Pandemic.
I have however had far, far worse flu's in the past than what I have gone through the last few days.

Woke up sick Saturday morning, tested positive for the VID Sunday.
Starting to come around now, feeling about 65%.
Did not lose sense of smell or taste, and assuming I won't as I am well on my way back to health.

There was a time when C19 was a very serious disease, I have a couple of friends who still suffer terrible long term side effects from having been infected early on in the Pandemic.
I have however had far, far worse flu's in the past than what I have gone through the last few days.
Hope you feel better soon Craig!

Back