Random thought for the day

We had a cat our first 13 years of marriage. Called her shadow even though she was a tiger looking cat. She slept with us, laid on our laps when we watched tv and followed us around like a..well shadow. Maybe a year later this one showed up outside and we took him in

View attachment 21394 Here’s to my beautiful girl Polly, who is spending her last night alive on this earth. Due to health complications likely resulting from lymphoma, today I made the brutally hard decision to have her euthanized. Tomorrow a vet will come to our home to put Polly to rest. We only got to enjoy a little over 12 years of her wonderful character, and I will miss her terribly. Very sad!
So sorry for your loss @Herm_brews , they become such a huge part of your life. I am not a cat person, I am a dog person, but it is the same at the end of they day how much joy they bring to us.

View attachment 21394 Here’s to my beautiful girl Polly, who is spending her last night alive on this earth. Due to health complications likely resulting from lymphoma, today I made the brutally hard decision to have her euthanized. Tomorrow a vet will come to our home to put Polly to rest. We only got to enjoy a little over 12 years of her wonderful character, and I will miss her terribly. Very sad!

I'm so sorry to hear this Herm. We've had to put a few cats down. It's never easy. I still miss each one of them.

This is Gemini. We had to put her down last year.
Gemini Laptop.jpg

Here are our current newbies, Tony & Zoe
Tony-Zoe on laptop (2).jpg

I don't really have a cat but several feral cats hang out . I have been feeding the mother to this one for several years. I call her Covid as she dosen't mind me being around as long as I stay at least six feet away.
This one is getting more friendly, will sit by me on the porch and come to me for snaks but I can't touch her yet.
20220709_160421.jpg

So sorry to hear about that @Herm_brews . We know they are family, and it hurts. But you gave her the best life you could, and even though it is a tough decision, it is surely what's best for her.

(Snif. Is someone cutting onions in here?)

More thanks to you all for expressing kind, heartfelt sentiments. And for sharing photos of your cats, be they your pets or just feral visitors. It will always be hard to put a cherished pet down, but I know in my heart that I did the right thing. Now it is time to give our other cat Peet all of the love. Someday he’ll have another housemate.

Sure does @Sunfire96 i was actually spraying some of my neighbors’ poison ivy creeping into my yard. Yes, I have no qualms of killing stuff in my neighbors’ yard. They have a 10 foot wide strip of brush that borders my back fence. The only purpose of it is to be a pain in my ass. Hate the stuff it breaks me out something awful. My daughter’s play set it close to it.

Sure does @Sunfire96 i was actually spraying some of my neighbors’ poison ivy creeping into my yard. Yes, I have no qualms of killing stuff in my neighbors’ yard. They have a 10 foot wide strip of brush that borders my back fence. The only purpose of it is to be a pain in my ass. Hate the stuff it breaks me out something awful. My daughter’s play set it close to it.
I would honestly keep mosquitos and hornets if it meant that all urushiol oil plants were eradicated forever

My neighbor across the alley built a lattice fence around a small plot of land that was intended to be a garden. The garden never happened so it's just overgrown with weeds, brush and small trees. With his permission, I dump the trub from my boil kettle and fermenter over the fence. It decomposes naturally and the fence keeps the hops away from any dogs that pass by. It also helps me because otherwise I had to bag the stuff before throwing it in the garbage. I did that because I don't want to dump it down the drain.

I tried to give my brother my spent grains but when his wife rolled her eyes (my brother plans projects without finishing) I didn’t lol.

The waiting is the hardest part - sung by the late, great Tom Petty.
We have a serious, solid offer on our home, with escrow set to close August 18. The buyer originally offered $19k below our asking price, we countered at $10k below asking price, and they accepted. The buyer has put $18k down as earnest money, and is not asking for anything other than our refrigerator, washer and dryer.

We have an offer submitted on a home in Eugene, Oregon and expect the seller to either accept or reject the offer sometime tomorrow. There are a few other properties in which we are interested, but we’re just waiting - and that is the hardest part.

Thanks Josh.
We might just relocate to Eugene before buying a home there, as we’ll be out of our home here in a little over 3 weeks. So there is the prospect of a long term Airbnb, or a month to month rental, either of which could be impacted by having to accommodate our cat. Whatever the case, home shopping will be a lot easier in town, as opposed to nearly a thousand miles away. But one way or another, we’re moving north!

Back