Random thought for the day

Well, our first offer on a home in Eugene was rejected, even though we were ready to pay $20k above asking price.
Our agent in Eugene gets to keep working to find us a home.
In the meantime, this afternoon we dropped off our completed escrow papers, so we’re that much closer to having a whole bunch of money, but no home to call our own.

Well, our first offer on a home in Eugene was rejected, even though we were ready to pay $20k above asking price.
Our agent in Eugene gets to keep working to find us a home.
In the meantime, this afternoon we dropped off our completed escrow papers, so we’re that much closer to having a whole bunch of money, but no home to call our own.
Wow that's incredible they musta got a great offer or their just mad!

Meh, poison ivy is just another vine to me. I'm not allergic at all to that nor really to wasp/hornets. But I won't say wasps/hornets are just another bug, especially the ones that build paper nests. Dirt daubers are just fine by me, because they're not aggressive and don't sting. But the aggressive wasps/hornets do hurt when they sting, and the pheromones in the sting put me in a rage, particularly yellow jackets. I find every nest I can after getting stung and go on a murderous rampage that night. I wait til night so I make sure I get 'em all. They shoulda taught their relative better manners. Next morning, it's business as usual and continuation of cohabitation as long as they respect the property owner(me).

I'll tolerate them for controlling spiders, but when they buzz me or light on me, I start doing judy chops and ninjy kicks. Most of the time, if it's a singular red or mahogany wasp, or black/white hornet, I just get 'em with a hat trick (use my ball cap to knock 'em down and then step on 'em) Not afraid of 'em, just don't like sneak attacks. If I see them first, I leave 'em alone and try not to disturb them unless the nest is too close to inhabited or work areas.

Wasps eat a LOT of spiders. If you don't have facial hair, you just cannot appreciate that sudden trigger of a redneck ninja kung fu response when a pot licker spider web wraps around your face. If there's one thing that will make me shave, it's getting two spider webs in the face in one day. It's probably pretty amusing to watch me from a distance if I get stung or if I get a web on my face. Certainly, you need to be out of earshot if you don't like bad language, which spews forth like an erupting volcano when there's the inadvertent encounter with arachnids to the face or puncture wounds from hornets.

Meh, poison ivy is just another vine to me. I'm not allergic at all to that nor really to wasp/hornets. But I won't say wasps/hornets are just another bug, especially the ones that build paper nests. Dirt daubers are just fine by me, because they're not aggressive and don't sting. But the aggressive wasps/hornets do hurt when they sting, and the pheromones in the sting put me in a rage, particularly yellow jackets. I find every nest I can after getting stung and go on a murderous rampage that night. I wait til night so I make sure I get 'em all. They shoulda taught their relative better manners. Next morning, it's business as usual and continuation of cohabitation as long as they respect the property owner(me).

I'll tolerate them for controlling spiders, but when they buzz me or light on me, I start doing judy chops and ninjy kicks. Most of the time, if it's a singular red or mahogany wasp, or black/white hornet, I just get 'em with a hat trick (use my ball cap to knock 'em down and then step on 'em) Not afraid of 'em, just don't like sneak attacks. If I see them first, I leave 'em alone and try not to disturb them unless the nest is too close to inhabited or work areas.

Wasps eat a LOT of spiders. If you don't have facial hair, you just cannot appreciate that sudden trigger of a redneck ninja kung fu response when a pot licker spider web wraps around your face. If there's one thing that will make me shave, it's getting two spider webs in the face in one day. It's probably pretty amusing to watch me from a distance if I get stung or if I get a web on my face. Certainly, you need to be out of earshot if you don't like bad language, which spews forth like an erupting volcano when there's the inadvertent encounter with arachnids to the face or puncture wounds from hornets.
Be careful now don't wanna loose no limbs from a ninji and Judy Chop at the same time the wasps will get the last laugh :p!
Yeah a hat makes for a great head protecter or as my old man would call it a hector protector.
Lead with the head and let the hat take the brunt of the webs and such.
Trust me I spend my working hours crawling through roof voids and sunfloors places where people don't like to venture in search of bugs. I just love em;).

Fly tying may be a close kin to beer brewing. I upgraded my vice a while ago and a bought a few hooks and hairs and feathers to go with. Then I decided to upgrade my fly boxes and get the rusty old stuff gone. Then another order 'cause the streamers were looking shabby. Then another order 'cause I didn't have chartreuse rabbit hair. Oh - look - free shipping at $49. Better get some hooks. And beads. And that fancy new chenille. Maybe new scissors. Another bobbin. Damn you YouTube - why do you have 48,000 fly recipes with how to videos?

I was going to agree and then this morning I got stung by a very tiny little wasp in my finger.
Result: swollen hand, knuckles and arm up to halfway my elbow :(
IMG_20220729_071438.jpg

Now having a home brew and crisps asI feel real sorry for myself

I was going to agree and then this morning I got stung by a very tiny little wasp in my finger.
View attachment 21636

Holy S**t! That looks nasty! :eek: Hope the swelling goes down soon. Or you have enough beer, gin and cider to not care :D

2 saison's make it feel a lot better :)
I'm not allergic to stings, so I know it will improve. African insects can be a bit aggressive (as can the mammals and reptiles, although Oz can give us a run for our money with venomous things)

View attachment 21636
Ufda! I hope you get well soon! And here I am feeling sorry for myself over a rash :eek:

Holy smokes! If thet is " I'm not allergic "
I can't immagine how bad it would be.

Get better soon.

All good again.
Swelling has gone down

I ate some fresh big pawpaws for vitamin C (but I do that every day) and drank cider made with vitamin C preserved apple juice :D

These wasps carry a sting close to comparable with a scorpion.
Nasty buggers, but then, it was sitting on a cloth peg that I grabbed, so it was just defending itself.

Indeed. Take your time finding your new home.
Our second offer on a home in Eugene was accepted!
Now we’re just waiting for the sale of our home to close, and our agent says everything is going smoothly in that regard. Next week we’re going to Eugene for the property inspection. Our agent representing us in Eugene toured the home yesterday, and said it is a really good home. We have only seen it online, but it’s in a great neighborhood.
If everything works according to plan, we’ll be living in Eugene before the end of August. With cautious optimism, I’m looking forward to making my first batch of home brew using treated Eugene tap water.

Our second offer on a home in Eugene was accepted!
Now we’re just waiting for the sale of our home to close, and our agent says everything is going smoothly in that regard. Next week we’re going to Eugene for the property inspection. Our agent representing us in Eugene toured the home yesterday, and said it is a really good home. We have only seen it online, but it’s in a great neighborhood.
If everything works according to plan, we’ll be living in Eugene before the end of August. With cautious optimism, I’m looking forward to making my first batch of home brew using treated Eugene tap water.
Congrats Herm! You're gonna love Oregon :) we'll have to meet up for a beer next time I'm visiting!

View attachment 21636
Yowzers! That looks like it hurt. I do like your medical treatment, though. Pretty much the same one I use. ;)

Back