Television Series

I would recommend it if you like Breaking Bad. For a prequel it is very well done, they did a great job with introducing and developing characters.

Indeed and while James McGill isn't the same compelling anti hero that Walter White is, ya gotta wonder to yourself why are you cheering these guys on!? Is it that they are the lesser of 2 evils?

Indeed and while James McGill isn't the same compelling anti hero that Walter White is, ya gotta wonder to yourself why are you cheering these guys on!? Is it that they are the lesser of 2 evils?
I think that the best shows (through writing), and the best actors are able to have the viewer project themselves onto the character. It sure is odd though how we somehow end up pulling for these despicable, murderous types to succeed at their despicable, murderous endeavors... isn't it great!!!

I think that the best shows (through writing), and the best actors are able to have the viewer project themselves onto the character. It sure is odd though how we somehow end up pulling for these despicable, murderous types to succeed at their despicable, murderous endeavors... isn't it great!!!

I KNOW! Lol..bring on the situational ethics!

Kenobi was a good watch, I enjoyed it. Watched the first episode of Sandman last night and it was pretty good. Not sure it's my style of show but I'm giving it a fair go. Season 3 of The Orville was incredibly good and I hope they make a 4th one.

watched EP 1 of Sandman last night as well, also finished Season 1 of Pennyworth, I really liked it.
Looking fwd to starting season 2

anyone else watch "the Orville"? amazingly good series. watched an episode from season 3 today. "twice in a lifetime". one of those hard to be happy endings.

watched episode one of the girlfriend that didn't exist
hard to fathom...

I ended up watching Thor God of love and thunder on the big screen Loved it!

Under the banner of heaven. It was phenomenal, the acting, the writing, the editing. I loved it. The story is gripping, this reminded me true detective s1. I even learned a lot about mormons beliefs and history.
The fact that this show was forgotten so fast only proves that we are living the golden age of tv show.
Check it out!

Last edited:
Under the banner of heaven. It was phenomenal, the acting, the writing, the editing. I loved it. The story is gripping, this reminded me true detective s1. I even learned a lot about mormons beliefs and history.
The fact that this show was forgotten so fast only proves that we are living the golden age of tv show.
Check it out!
Be aware that it is fictionalized, not accurate facts. But far more entertaining!

Be aware that it is fictionalized, not accurate facts. But far more entertaining!

Exactly! It's a drama, not a documentary and it is designed to attract eyeballs.

I also listened to the sunstone Mormon history podcast. Start episode 67 to current. They are going over the show and history. Lindsay Park was a consultant for the show. She goes into the history, culture and why the show is the way it is both.

It's not as simple as fair wants to say. Mormons like to get on our is it accurate high horse. If every show was 100% accurate no one would watch it as it would takes years for a complete history.

Last edited:

Back