Television Series

Been binge watching House of Cards with the missus. Up to the last episode of Season 5 now. Love the dialogs that Kevin Spacey has with the camera (audience) and the one-liners. Some very humorous stuff in that. Strange blend of comedy and drama. I think my favorite character, though, is Doug Stamper. That dude's some kinda SERIOULSY dangerous person, bordering on psychotic. Robin Wright did a pretty good job directing, producing, and acting in Cards. I think HOC was the last thing Spacey did before his legal woes.

When we can't watch together, I watch LOTS of Forged in Fire episodes. Some GORGEOUS weapons made on that show. And even though I know it's coming; I can't help but cringe when J. Neilson or Ben Abbot or Dave Baker do a strength test. That's a whole lotta things that should NOT be done with a blade.
Forged in Fire is definitely one of my guilty pleasure shows. Up there with Ink Masters

Makes me think of @Hawkbox when I watch that.

You called? ;) I have reviewed my own skillset and with some puffing of my chest I think I probably could have competed in the first couple seasons. Watching the current seasons? I get tired just watching them make Damascus.

I'm finally catching up on Stranger Things and I have to say I'm a big fan of Eddie as a Character. Knowing the shows history I can confidently assume he is safe and nothing bad will happen to him.

I'm finally catching up on Stranger Things and I have to say I'm a big fan of Eddie as a Character. Knowing the shows history I can confidently assume he is safe and nothing bad will happen to him.

So, that means he dies in the next episode then! :D

Just watched "Roman Empire" on Netflix.
Funny how they all have British accents!
There is obviously a lot of conjecture and opinion expressed, but I have to assume that the basic facts are covered and correct.
Interesting to learn a bit more detail on history from 2000 years ago though.

You called? ;) I have reviewed my own skillset and with some puffing of my chest I think I probably could have competed in the first couple seasons. Watching the current seasons? I get tired just watching them make Damascus.
So my daughter bought me a really nice kitchen knife, maybe 10" chef's knife, and it holds a beautiful edge. The blade has Damask marks on it...that are acid-etched. Not real Damask, but printed to look like it. How can I tell? She bought two, and the patterns are identical...

So my daughter bought me a really nice kitchen knife, maybe 10" chef's knife, and it holds a beautiful edge. The blade has Damask marks on it...that are acid-etched. Not real Damask, but printed to look like it. How can I tell? She bought two, and the patterns are identical...
If the patterns are identical, likely they're printed/etched that way using a pattern (decal) that can be easily removed post etching. It would be pretty hard to make two blades with identical patterns. Damascus steel is pretty much like fingerprints. No two are exactly the same.

If the patterns are identical, likely they're printed/etched that way using a pattern (decal) that can be easily removed post etching. It would be pretty hard to make two blades with identical patterns. Damascus steel is pretty much like fingerprints. No two are exactly the same.
I'd say impossible to make the same pattern. Yes, it was acid etched is my guess.

been watching "alone" season 9. not something I could do, but fun to watch people that can.

been watching "alone" season 9. not something I could do, but fun to watch people that can.
Love that show. Gotta be careful watching too many when I'm by myself at home :) gets me a little too pensive

Anyone else catching the last season of Better Call Saul? I've been saving them up and caught the first batch when I had Covid and now doing some Tivo Time Travel on the weekend. Whenever I finish off a new episode, I shake my head and remind myself that these are just actors and hope that there really are not people like that in real life.....especially in New Mexico!

Anyone else catching the last season of Better Call Saul? I've been saving them up and caught the first batch when I had Covid and now doing some Tivo Time Travel on the weekend. Whenever I finish off a new episode, I shake my head and remind myself that these are just actors and hope that there really are not people like that in real life.....especially in New Mexico!
Loved breaking bad, never watched this one. Keep meaning to

I finally watched Obi Wan Kenobi, it was good! I hope there's another season

Binged the newest season of Rust-to-Riches last night. Some cool cars/bikes, but sometimes they go just a bit too far for my tastes.

I think I need to wait for it to end up on Netflix...

Back