Television Series

The Disney+ Willow series is fairly enjoyable so far. The critic reviews of it aren't great but I feel like a lot of those people forget how cheesie the original movie itself was.

The Disney+ Willow series is fairly enjoyable so far. The critic reviews of it aren't great but I feel like a lot of those people forget how cheesie the original movie itself was.
Exactly. I liked the first episode and loved the movie as a kid

But cheese in a good way! Like swiss cheese from France, not gouda from Wisconsin

We usually do a cheese spread for New Year's Eve. I think I'll have to add a Dutch Gouda this year.

Found this at Aldi recently. Yum. Not good for melts (different texture from the aging), but sliced up and served on a charcuterie tray, or crumbled is awesome.

00cf0e91c67662dd1afa5b91f7fe4575.jpg

Watched 1883, which is a prequel to Yellowstone, thoroughly enjoyed it, didn't want it to end:(.
But wait! There is a new series called 1923 which is another generation. Harrison Ford plays the character of the family patriarch. We watched the first couple of episodes, but are going to wait until the series is complete and binge it.

For me, it is really hard to find enjoyable new stuff when I grew up with classic Tv. I watch a lot of TCM and crazy, old horror movies on Amazon. The exception to the new stuff that I really liked was The newer Perry Mason on HBO, the first season of West World, amd my beloved Snow Piercer.

Started watching The Last of Us and it's pretty damned good. The 3rd episode is frankly incredible so watch it asap if you have interest before someone spoils it.

I watched season 11 of Letterkenny. Still pretty great but I think the show might have peaked a few seasons ago. Really loved the first season of Shoresy, reminds me of peak Letterkenny. Wondering if that's where more of the creative energy is going. Love the Jims.

I've also been watching the Quantum Leap reboot while rewatching the original. I like the new one but it's not on the same level as the original. I don't mind the serious, dramatic tone but I loved the cheesy moments in the original. Maybe that doesn't play the same today though

Started watching "Wednesday". I really like the dark comedy from Tim Burton. Jenny Ortega really knocks it out of the park with her portrayal of Wednesday Addams.

Sadly, just read that the original Wednesday, Lisa Loring, died of a stroke a few days ago.

I watched season 11 of Letterkenny. Still pretty great but I think the show might have peaked a few seasons ago. Really loved the first season of Shoresy, reminds me of peak Letterkenny. Wondering if that's where more of the creative energy is going. Love the Jims.

I've also been watching the Quantum Leap reboot while rewatching the original. I like the new one but it's not on the same level as the original. I don't mind the serious, dramatic tone but I loved the cheesy moments in the original. Maybe that doesn't play the same today though

Yeah I've been kind of meh on the last few seasons of Letterkenny, they just aren't as funny as before. I see Shoresy having a few seasons potential at least.

Back