What are you doing with homebrew today?

I just checked out my second temperature controlled environmental chamber aka known as "old fridge".....I'm planning to brew a Mango Milkshake IPA tomorrow. I have everything I need but the frozen mango.....and that is now on its way to be delivered on Friday and that's ok because it's going into the secondary.

Cold crashing, this is why I like the tilt. Krausen get's stuck to it and it's not too accurate because of it. However, when it flatlines it's pretty much done fermenting.

tiltisgood.png

My honey lime ale is done fermenting and is now cold crashing in the fridge. I haven't added the lime yet. I'm pleased with the flavor, but want to see what happens when it's cold and carbed. Maybe just serving with lime wedges will be the best option. I'm nervous about ruining a whole batch of beer :D

Screenshot_20220621-171649_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
My honey lime ale is done fermenting and is now cold crashing in the fridge. I haven't added the lime yet. I'm pleased with the flavor, but want to see what happens when it's cold and carbed. Maybe just serving with lime wedges will be the best option. I'm nervous about ruining a whole batch of beer :D

View attachment 21184
Arnt we all.
Nothing ventured nothing gained.
All the best

Cold crashing, this is why I like the tilt. Krausen get's stuck to it and it's not too accurate because of it. However, when it flatlines it's pretty much done fermenting.
Huh. I usually wait a couple days after flatline to cold crash. For example, this is where I am at now, from Saturday's brew session, and I still think it is too early to crash it. Your thoughts??

(ignore the one odd SG data point)

AEFC5E06-F33F-4768-B308-A6E238D978F5.png

Huh. I usually wait a couple days after flatline to cold crash. For example, this is where I am at now, from Saturday's brew session, and I still think it is too early to crash it. Your thoughts??

View attachment 21191
I'm not that patient so I would cold crash...... but I have learned that patience does make better beer....... but I would still cold crash and get drinking that beer.

View attachment 21191
Hard to see your x axis so I'm not sure how long you've been at the flattline. I usually wait 24 hours

Wow that was quick
Just hope it ain't 1.022 most likely a bit lower than that aye Don.

View attachment 21194Finally drilled the fridge for my Son in law. Added the drip tray and moved the wall cabinet. Now it's all set up except for the CO2 bottle location.
Nice work.
And I love the vintage, retro, collector's item, "Guardians" banner hanging up. This is our year! :p

Spiked the Honey lime beer with lime tincture, took the dry hops out of my accidentally hazy pale ale, and bottled a small batch of cherry cider that I forgot about.

Been having some carb issues with the kegs lately. My guess is because I swapped the lids and they don't sit quite right. I turned the gas off yesterday to prevent using the whole tank and today got the lids back to their rightful places. The beers are currently sitting at 20 psi to be ready in time for the Zoom on Saturday :) hopefully. Will be diligently (obsessively) checking for leaks and the level in the CO2 tank tonight and tomorrow

Been having some carb issues with the kegs lately. My guess is because I swapped the lids and they don't sit quite right.
I'd live to hear how the lime honey turns out.

Some of my kegs leak too, a little keg grease does help the lids sit in their sweet spot better. I check for leaks every single time I fill.

I'd live to hear how the lime honey turns out.

Some of my kegs leak too, a little keg grease does help the lids sit in their sweet spot better. I check for leaks every single time I fill.
I really like the honey lime so far! It's not designed to be light and crispy. It's a medium bodied, malty, slightly sweet, slightly limey, sessionable beer. It almost has a key lime pie thing going on with the lime bringing out some graham cracker malty notes

I greased up the inner lids and o rings real good this time :D fingers crossed!

Back