What are you doing with homebrew today?

I'm thinking of bottling my simple cider on T58 trub and cleaning that fermenter,
And bottling the other simple cider on French Saison and making more cider.
I'll have a sip of each, but going by the beers, I expect to like the saison version better.
The T58 beer (syla) has a bit too much of a caramel taste.

Contemplating the bottling of my amber ale, even slightly short of my usual minimum 3 weeks. Once that batch is bottled, all of my equipment will be mothballed to prepare for moving. Wondering about my future home brewing set up in Oregon. My wife really wants a home where she has a room for her painting, and I have a good space for brewing. Maybe kegging could be in my future?
...and so begins the slippery slope.

A basement, perhaps unfinished, would work well for both of you.

Salty Seas IPA has reached FG so I moved the keg to the fridge to carb and chill. Once I finish drinking Mayday ale, I'll transfer the IPA to the serving keg (regular dip tube not floating dip tube). For a while I've been drinking out of the fermenting keg but the kveik seems to have trouble with the floating dip tube. It cold crashes and clarifies better without. So now I've got a serving keg and a fermenting keg, so only one beer on tap at a time. But I can keep the pipeline running and always have beer on tap.

I'd like to add another serving keg but need to wait for a sale or something. I really like pinlock sized kegs that have been converted to ball lock fittings and I only know one vendor that sells them used with new fittings and lid in a cleaned, inspected keg. Right now they're about $80 so I'm gonna wait and see what happens.

Salty Seas IPA has reached FG so I moved the keg to the fridge to carb and chill. Once I finish drinking Mayday ale, I'll transfer the IPA to the serving keg (regular dip tube not floating dip tube). For a while I've been drinking out of the fermenting keg but the kveik seems to have trouble with the floating dip tube. It cold crashes and clarifies better without. So now I've got a serving keg and a fermenting keg, so only one beer on tap at a time. But I can keep the pipeline running and always have beer on tap.

I'd like to add another serving keg but need to wait for a sale or something. I really like pinlock sized kegs that have been converted to ball lock fittings and I only know one vendor that sells them used with new fittings and lid in a cleaned, inspected keg. Right now they're about $80 so I'm gonna wait and see what happens.
Not much these days is going down in value :rolleyes:.
Maybe second hand referbed kegs fingers crossed.

I know over here in Aus Hombrew stuff has gone up as is everything else inflation is at 5% and looking like 7% by end of year compared to wage growth at around 2.5% anyhow I'm getting off track.
Yeah we're all feeling the pinch:).

Take glycol a 5lt bottle October last year $50
5lt bottle now $70 I was going to.buy some more but I'll leave it now I've found a trick to getting the pump going in the ice slurry.

Just had a quick peek and she's bubbling nicely

I brewed a cream ale today..... I am just waiting for it to cool a little and then I will pitch the yeast. It's alway awesome when you hit you gravity and volume.
WechatIMG358.jpeg
WechatIMG357.jpeg
WechatIMG356.jpeg

Is that your coconut cream ale?

I'm about to start milling my pilsner malt. Procastrinating...

Back