What are you doing with homebrew today?

Moved 4 bottles each of Saison & Syla to the fridge.
I think I should bottle my cider on beer trub soon. Both the m29 and french saison.
Question, I've done apple juice on beer trub plenty time, but can you do wort on cider trub?
Of course you can, but would it work OK?
I got 2 fermenters in use now, but both for cider. Wanna do another beer this weekend.
Maybe I should free up cider m29. Throw the trub with saison cider trub and add apple juice to make triple saison cider :rolleyes:

I need another beer...

Yeah why not :).
My thoughts apple juice is low in nutrients for the yeast so using them in some wort would help to perk them back up again.

Still I've never done this I can't imagine any flavour influence.
Do tell either way:)

Yeah why not :).
My thoughts apple juice is low in nutrients for the yeast so using them in some wort would help to perk them back up again.

Still I've never done this I can't imagine any flavour influence.
Do tell either way:)

I think I may just try, since I now got plenty pilsner malt ;)
So, if I really do it, we go beer to cider to beer :p

Picking up a grain order :) this is their Bell's Two Hearted clone
20220602_170737.jpg

Picking up a grain order :) this is their Bell's Two Hearted clone
View attachment 20933
Makes mine skip a beat just looking at it.
I havnt had a beer all week since bros party
Let's just say being sick with influenza and drinking half a keg does a number on you:oops:...

Makes mine skip a beat just looking at it.
I havnt had a beer all week since bros party
Let's just say being sick with influenza and drinking half a keg does a number on you:oops:...

"sick with influenza"? Is that what we are calling hangovers these days? :p

Just kidding Ben! I hope you feel better soon!

"sick with influenza"? Is that what we are calling hangovers these days? :p

Just kidding Ben! I hope you feel better soon!
Yeah pretty much funny thing when I told the boss I was going to the Bros 40th he said oh so I won't expect you back till Wednesday next week.

Well that's what happened lol:D

Contemplating the bottling of my amber ale, even slightly short of my usual minimum 3 weeks. Once that batch is bottled, all of my equipment will be mothballed to prepare for moving. Wondering about my future home brewing set up in Oregon. My wife really wants a home where she has a room for her painting, and I have a good space for brewing. Maybe kegging could be in my future?

Contemplating the bottling of my amber ale, even slightly short of my usual minimum 3 weeks. Once that batch is bottled, all of my equipment will be mothballed to prepare for moving. Wondering about my future home brewing set up in Oregon. My wife really wants a home where she has a room for her painting, and I have a good space for brewing. Maybe kegging could be in my future?
If it's at expected FG why not one less thing to worry about when moving.

Keg! And you can still bottle some from he keg if you want

Back