What are you doing with homebrew today?

I am patiently waiting for carbonation. We'll maybe not that patiently :confused:

A bit worried as we are having a bit of a cold spell with 8-9 oC night time (31 - 33 oC day time) and no temp control
(88 - 91 oF day / 46-48 oF night)

So I cleaned the bottles and went to package the beer, but the keg line was only pouring foam. Confused I opened the keg, and somehow there was like an inch of foam on top of the beer. So i left it alone and will try again in a couple days. Not sure what happened there

So I cleaned the bottles and went to package the beer, but the keg line was only pouring foam. Confused I opened the keg, and somehow there was like an inch of foam on top of the beer. So i left it alone and will try again in a couple days. Not sure what happened there
Lines mixed up?

I am patiently waiting for carbonation. We'll maybe not that patiently :confused:

A bit worried as we are having a bit of a cold spell with 8-9 oC night time (31 - 33 oC day time) and no temp control
(88 - 91 oF day / 46-48 oF night)
I'm sure the warmth should balance the cold if not whack them in a cooler to iron out the swings.

I ended up dosing that bunyip beer with geletin and a mix of smb and ascorbic Acid.
Thinking I can atleast clear the trub from the bottom of the keg before travelling therefore less haze in suspension once it's there ready to serve :).

Had another taste today yup it's on its way there quite full bodied though even though i added cane sugar hmmm time will tell.

I only have 2 kegs with picnic taps, so it'd be hard to mix up the lines :) I use floating dip tubes and for some reason the top of the beer foamed up. I'll give it some time to settle out and try again
hmmm. was thinking gas through a pickup tube at the bottom would do that. Could have just been some carbonation coming out of suspension during the transfer. I guess it just needs some settle time.

I only have 2 kegs with picnic taps, so it'd be hard to mix up the lines :) I use floating dip tubes and for some reason the top of the beer foamed up. I'll give it some time to settle out and try again
Did you release pressure for filling? Just like opening a bottle, it can foam. The floater, being at the top, might be picking up that foam instead of liquid.

I have an American wheat beer in the fermenter since May 9, and want to add some tangerine flavor before I bottle on Monday May 30. My plan is to zest the peels of several tangerines into some vodka, then add that into the fermenter before bottling. Does anyone have tips on timing, considering my schedule?

I have an American wheat beer in the fermenter since May 9, and want to add some tangerine flavor before I bottle on Monday May 30. My plan is to zest the peels of several tangerines into some vodka, then add that into the fermenter before bottling. Does anyone have tips on timing, considering my schedule?
You probably want the zest to sit 12 - 24 hours in the vodka.

Pale ale after 24hr cold crash. Solids dropped out but it’s a touch hazy.
0EFA8B5C-0736-4F32-8A9A-7014A83DA61F.jpeg

Bottled up a case of my mutt mild...135 cals per bottle of 3.9 %. I'm sure some Britt brewer is rolling over in their grave because their dark mild has kveik coursing through its Marris Otter!
View attachment 20873
We'll do the other half tomorrow.
Not sure about a Brit but a Kentucky guy with Anglophile tendencies maybe..
Haha just joking that’s what makes this hobby so awesome!

Last edited:
Kegged my bitter it was at 1.018. Cleaned the Tilt and dropped it in as well. Put on the spunding valve. Gravity has dropped to 1.013 and I’m sitting at 15 psi. 17-18 psi will be perfect for just under 2.0 volumes of co2 which I what I want. Expect it to finish at 1.009 or 1.010. Free co2 :)

Last edited:

Back