What are you doing with homebrew today?

Doing another starter. This one for a dank pale ale. Ingredient for the other beer is delayed

-So many unbrewed styles and recipes, so little motivation...
Martin Keen from the Hombrew challenge might inspire you:rolleyes:.

I bottled both batches.
First my syla on T58, after that the French saison MJ29.
IMG_20220519_101953.jpg

IMG_20220519_115458.jpg

IMG_20220519_120140.jpg

They are resting now...

I had 10 litre apple juice in stock and had been wondering wether to use MJ29 or T58 for it.
So, put 5 litre on the French saison trub and 5 litre on T58 :D
Now we wait again

I bottled both batches.
First my syla on T58, after that the French saison MJ29.
View attachment 20754

View attachment 20755

View attachment 20756

They are resting now...

I had 10 litre apple juice in stock and had been wondering wether to use MJ29 or T58 for it.
So, put 5 litre on the French saison trub and 5 litre on T58 :D
Now we wait again
I'm curious how the T-58 comes out. I used that in cider last year and the initial "funk" was a bit off putting. It did dissipate after a couple weeks though.

I'm curious how the T-58 comes out. I used that in cider last year and the initial "funk" was a bit off putting. It did dissipate after a couple weeks though.
Eish
A couple of weeks:eek:
I hope they go okay at a bit higher temps.
Anyhow, we'll find out
And the yeast already ate malt. Who knows, might make a difference

I sparged too into kettle. i let it sit in kettle till morning to break up the long brew day. tasted good. PBG 1.050
Yup get your drift that's were I no chill to try and shorten brew day either or gotta do the work eventually.
I didn't cop any slack for brewing today when I was supposed to be looking after Matilda so something went right ;).

She helped (watched) me mill the grains.
I filled the kettle before she woke.
Heated while we had breakfast.
Mashed in with her.
Then put her to bed and began the short 30min boil.
Everything's sorted waiting in the kettle for transfer tomorrow and the littlie is still asleep.
Even went a cast my Vote in our Election in meantime :)

I’m back home now after a week in Oregon, so I’m checking on my American wheat beer, and chilling an Azarado pale ale and a couple bottles of my stout. We’re going to the farmers market today, hoping to find some decent tangerines. I want to drop some rind into some vodka, the add tangerine infused vodka into my wheat beer before packaging.

I didn't know KitchenAid had a grain mill attachment for their machines. Cool setup that.
Doesn’t mill grains like a normal brewer’s mill would, rather just sort of rips them to shreds. But for BIAB and small batches, it really works well. Takes me around 30 minutes to mill for my usual 6-8 pounds of grain, so probably not worth it for 5 gallon brewers.

Last edited:
Doesn’t mill grains like a normal brewer’s mill would, rather just sort of rips them to shreds. But for BIAB and small batches, it really works well. Takes me around 30 minutes to mill for my usual 6-8 pounds of grain, so probably not worth it for 5 gallon brewers.
I remember using our thermomix to mill yup no husks after milling but did the job just fine.:)

Back