What are you doing with homebrew today?

Not ready, but ready to use :cool:
IMG_20220511_125241.jpg

Took FG of Swartzbier 1.012.
20220513_125841.jpg

Beautiful depth of flavour in that sample num nums!
Then I broke that finishing hydrometer putting it in its case:( so no hydrometers now lol!:mad:

Transfered Swartzbier into kicked pilsner keg (please don't judge)

Filled kettle for Bunyip brew day.

Now going about cleaning kegmenter before my daughter wakes :eek: yeah no chance lol

I’ve tried lots of things but the little butane camp stove is the best & fast
-this little stir plate ran smooth and quiet. 24hrs
Ah yeah nothing worse than when the stir bar isn't centred and clinks on the glass.

I sware you'll here it in the middle of the night!

I racked my beer to the secondary on top of some oven baked carrots and carrot juice and oh yeah 100 grams of hops as well. Not sure how this beer is going to turn out but I got to say I had a little taste and not a bad DIPA rye IPA.... see what the finished product is like.

Attachments

• WechatIMG345.jpeg
    WechatIMG345.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 38
  • WechatIMG344.jpeg
    WechatIMG344.jpeg
    185 KB · Views: 33
  • WechatIMG343.jpeg
    WechatIMG343.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 32
  • WechatIMG342.jpeg
    WechatIMG342.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 30
It seems my plan to have a huge yeast cake for the Baltic Porter is paying off; the beer went from 1.072 to 1.020 in 3 days at 55F. The fermentation graph is starting to level off, so I raised the temp by a couple degrees and roused up the yeast a little. I need to also remember that my tilt hydrometer has historically shown a higher FG than actual. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Chilling bunyip wort down to 18c for yeast pitch
20220515_121512.jpg

I've worked out now I just gotta give the glycol a stir before I switch the pump to move the slurry.
RWS bry 97 still fermenting just a bit yeast was real Grey out the sachet but the starter yeast looks that colour tooo_O
20220515_121907.jpg

Anyhow it'll make beer I'm sure :)

On Friday
My buddy Pat brewed a 10 gallon batch of my Low Speed Chase, which is session Hazy.
I was supposed to spend the afternoon with him while he brewed, but work got in the way.
He is fermenting it with ebbegarden.
I had previously delivered 2.5 sacks of base malt, a few pounds of hops, and a keg.
He will have a keg ready to go for me in about a week.
Pat is also going to brew some 15-20 gallon batches, and will fill a keg of each for the next while as well.

My back continues to improve, so I am hoping to be able to do some small batch extract brewing later this summer.

Back