Home made pizza

Great job Herm, that looks delicious!
Thanks Brian. It was very good. For this one, I changed things up a little bit. Instead of pre-baking the crust, I put on all the toppings and baked at 500F on the next to lowest rack. Cooked faster, and the crust sprang up nicely.

Thanks Brian. It was very good. For this one, I changed things up a little bit. Instead of pre-baking the crust, I put on all the toppings and baked at 500F on the next to lowest rack. Cooked faster, and the crust sprang up nicely.
that's what I do

Mmmmm, black olives, and ham. I would add tomato and feta to that!
Craig, the ham is German prosciutto. The sauce is a homemade one that we usually have atop ravioli. There are also thin sliced sweet onions and a thin sliced mini bell pepper (orange). It was really good, and the leftover half will be just as good.

I'll show you mine

My Pizza dough
3 to 4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 to 1 1/2 cups warm water
2 packages active dry yeast
This recipe makes enough dough for two 12" pizzas

my pizza sauce recipe, mix and simmer, usually makes 2, possibly 3 -12-inch pizzas
1 small can tomato sauce
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano
1½ teaspoons dried minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon basil
just a pinch of sugar if needed
you will have to add water, how much is up to you

I'll show you mine

My Pizza dough
3 to 4 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 to 1 1/2 cups warm water
2 packages active dry yeast
This recipe makes enough dough for two 12" pizzas

my pizza sauce recipe, mix and simmer, usually makes 2, possibly 3 -12-inch pizzas
1 small can tomato sauce
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
1 tablespoon ground oregano
1½ teaspoons dried minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon basil
just a pinch of sugar if needed
you will have to add water, how much is up to you

That all looks good. You do your dough to ferment in the fridge overnight, right?
I don’t usually make my own sauce, but will use my homemade ravioli sauce if I have it leftover, like I did last night. Usually, Trader Joe’s pizza sauce if making red. Sometimes we’ll make our own pesto, and that can make for a good pizza.

I make a single dough, and use weights instead of measures.
153 grams Caputo 00 flour (a very fine ground Italian flour - blame my half-Sicilian wife)
153 grams all purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 packet active dry yeast, pitched and bloomed in 1 cup of water @ 110-115F
An unmeasured amount of extra virgin olive oil (probably a little less than a tablespoon)

I like to make this dough the day or night before it is needed, and let it ferment in the fridge.

I mix and raise for the first time on the counter in the evening then add to the fridge, I do a second mixing either before or after the fridge and raise again on the pan before baking

I use a 1/2 tsp. For 1000 g flour
Less than 3 g

Tomato pesto pizza tonight

20220404_154746.jpg

I've used a tablespoon with 4 cups of flour and it rose in 1 hour before, just depends on how short on time i am, if I need it now, I'll use more. I have a couple of bricks in the freezer
Makes sense, I just always do at least a 1 day cold ferment.

17 grammes?
Real baby pizza's then :p:p
I'm sure you forgot a zero somewhere ;)

Mostly around 150-170 gr per dough ball,
I think. But I generally go by feel for pizza, not so much for bread. Then I weigh.
Mainly thin crust as they go into my uuni pizza oven at high heat.
Thick crust is just a smaller pizza ;)
I normally use sourdough

Back