What's your next brew

I made the changes mostly to simplify, getting each of the grains into whole ounce increments. This makes it easier for the attendants at the lhbs. There was a note I made the last time I brewed this to reduce the amount of acidulated malt, so I did that with this batch. I think the beer will turn out good, if not great!

My back has been improving and I will have at least one assistant on Sunday to brew this one!
Haven't brewed the B-200 since last September.
My buddies and I have been getting together on Wednesday nights now for 15 years.
The only times we have missed a Wednesday have been Christmas, and even then we will normally have it a different night of the week.
If it is your Anniversary, or your SO's Birthday, it is understood that you will likely be arriving late.
Other than that, there are not many excuses considered acceptable, we even try to plan our vacations from Thursday to Wednesday when we can so as not to miss the fun and frivolity!
This batch is being brewed for our annual AA Anniversary Extravaganza, where we basically don't do anything different except to marvel at the fact that we can still tolerate each other!!! (AA = Alcohol Abundance). With as many as 10 past and present members of our "society" expected to be in attendance, this keg will be tapped, and burped in a matter of hours, at 3-4 pints per member!
I must update the Fermentation profile, I will no doubt be cold crashing this in the keg by the Wednesday following brew day!
upload_2021-7-20_10-34-36.png

My back has been improving and I will have at least one assistant on Sunday to brew this one!
My buddies and I have been getting together on Wednesday nights now for 15 years.
The only times we have missed a Wednesday have been Christmas, and even then we will normally have it a different night of the week.
If it is your Anniversary, or your SO's Birthday, it is understood that you will likely be arriving late.
Other than that, there are not many excuses considered acceptable, we even try to plan our vacations from Thursday to Wednesday when we can so as not to miss the fun and frivolity!
This batch is being brewed for our annual AA Anniversary Extravaganza, where we basically don't do anything different except to marvel at the fact that we can still tolerate each other!!! (AA = Alcohol Abundance). With as many as 10 past and present members of our "society" expected to be in attendance, this keg will be tapped, and burped in a matter of hours, at 3-4 pints per member!
I must update the Fermentation profile, I will no doubt be cold crashing this in the keg by the Wednesday following brew day!
View attachment 16695
Nice, hope it turns out great Craig!

The Citra session is ready to be bottled soon, so I'm thinking ahead to my next batch. I want something short and easy that only ties up the kitchen for an hour or so. I want to try an all extract brew without steeping grains that I can alter and develop over time to better learn how the steeping grains change the character of the beer, or change the bitter/aroma hops used, or even add brewing salts to learn how they affect the taste of the final beer. Here is my very basic American pale ale; it's a 15 minute boil recipe for a 2.5 gallon batch: a tub of LME with 2 oz of hops (centennial and cascade)

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1176103/castennial-15-no-steep

Cool @Sunfire96 i did a quick one similar last summer using Hallertau when my stick was low and I wasn’t going anywhere to buy beer

View attachment 16695
Only a 30 min boil.....do tell.

Only a 30 min boil.....do tell.
No boil hops, so no 60 minute addition, so no need to boil for 60.
I have a 120V Brewzilla, which is a bit slow to get to a boil.
For this reason I add my immersion chiller preboil as opposed to adding it at 15.
Seemed pretty silly the first time I boiled for 30 minutes.
I added the chiller 15 minutes later, then waited for 5-10 minutes to get it back.

No boil hops, so no 60 minute addition, so no need to boil for 60.
I have a 120V Brewzilla, which is a bit slow to get to a boil.
For this reason I add my immersion chiller preboil as opposed to adding it at 15.
Seemed pretty silly the first time I boiled for 30 minutes.
I added the chiller 15 minutes later, then waited for 5-10 minutes to get it back.
I have the same Brewzilla. It can be a bit slow. So wouldn't the 30 min boil lessen the sugar concentration of your brew if you had say targeted a slightly higher ABV?

I have the same Brewzilla. It can be a bit slow. So wouldn't the 30 min boil lessen the sugar concentration of your brew if you had say targeted a slightly higher ABV?
The software I use automatically adjusts the water requirements when you change the boil length.
The only thing really affected, and only slightly, are the IUB's, and the BU/GU.
I have had great results with a 30 minute boil. No need to boil longer with no boil hops.

I got a little carried away measuring out hops, so I updated recipe the to suit.
Can't wait to get back into the brew chair tomorrow:D, it's been too long!
Last brew was May 14th:(

Original plan for Hops was

upload_2021-7-24_14-23-22.png

After mistakenly measuring out 58 grams of Galaxy, Citra, and Idaho 7, and having dumped all of that into a bag, I decided to make that it for the whirlpool addition. I then split the 28 grams of Simcoe between the two dry additions. The additional 60 grams only bumped the IBU's up to 40. You guys know me, I'm not shy about throwing a pound of hops at a batch!!!

upload_2021-7-24_14-25-22.png

Looking forward to giving the remote controller display a go tomorrow too:eek:

I got a little carried away measuring out hops, so I updated recipe the to suit.
Can't wait to get back into the brew chair tomorrow:D, it's been too long!
Last brew was May 14th:(

Original plan for Hops was

View attachment 16772

After mistakenly measuring out 58 grams of Galaxy, Citra, and Idaho 7, and having dumped all of that into a bag, I decided to make that it for the whirlpool addition. I then split the 28 grams of Simcoe between the two dry additions. The additional 60 grams only bumped the IBU's up to 40. You guys know me, I'm not shy about throwing a pound of hops at a batch!!!

View attachment 16773

Looking forward to giving the remote controller display a go tomorrow too:eek:
Hop King Craig :D

Back