What's your next brew

Looks like it'll be perfect to lager this on the cake until a spare keg frees up...

Ginger Ninja getting brewed next gunna up the ginger up the Tumeric and now thinking of adding Lemon Myrtle leaves and changing yeast to Saison yeast instead of Framgarden Kviek.

You'll have to change the name to Ginger Ninja 2.0! I love Ginger & Tumeric in food and would like to try Ben's beer. However, I don't think I can justify a trip to Australia. So, I guess I'll have to settle for a commercial version of Ben's Ginger Ninja. Can anyone name a good one available in the US?

You'll have to change the name to Ginger Ninja 2.0! I love Ginger & Tumeric in food and would like to try Ben's beer. However, I don't think I can justify a trip to Australia. So, I guess I'll have to settle for a commercial version of Ben's Ginger Ninja. Can anyone name a good one available in the US?
Know Thunderwagon found a beer with Tumeric in it about a year or so ago he flicked a pic on here .
Plenty of ginger beers around .
We just had a local craft beer joint open up not far from me at the Big Pineapple called Diablo they exclusively do Ginger beer.
I bought a growler worth it was quite tasty went down real easy a little too sweet for my taste and ginger was too smooth no bite to it. I feel marketed more to the youngsters.

Oh I have years back given a local market stall holder a bottle of my alcoholic ginger beer he sells old school ginger beer (non alcoholic) and he digged it.
Gave me some critique which I valued mostly.

Ginger beer is actually how I fell into Hombrewing.
I originally set out to brew old school ginger beer using a "Mother" it's a sorta ginger yeast symbiosis that you feed like a sourdough starter taking half the ginger solution away and feeding with half ginger sugar solution In a jar. You use this just like your starter to make a big batch of ginger beer (low alcohol like under 1%abv).
From there I caught onto beer and the rest is history but I still to this day have that perfect ginger beer In the back of my mind:)

Last edited:
Going to need to do another sour soon. But it's to damned hot to want to brew lately.
I hear you about the heat. But my wife said tonight, we need to go to Windsor (lhbs) after work on Friday, to enjoy some pints and get grains to brew Herm’s Amber Ale.

In a few days (depends on how quick I empty the keg) I plan to brew a Marzen.
Nice! i've got a helles planned and starter done...something somewhere got me wanting a maibock. i think i'm going to do a half batch/biab. It would make a big starter too.

Last edited:

Back