Home made pizza

I've been wanting to try it at some point, it does seem pretty straight forward.

Are you able to make it with standard whole milk from the store, I've seen some comments that pasteurized milk doesn't work as well.

Next on my to-try list is frigo whole milk low moisture, and belgioioso whole milk fresh.
It is easy to make. I used to use our goats milk.

I've been wanting to try it at some point, it does seem pretty straight forward.

Are you able to make it with standard whole milk from the store, I've seen some comments that pasteurized milk doesn't work as well.

Next on my to-try list is frigo whole milk low moisture, and belgioioso whole milk fresh.
Store-bought homogenized milk works fine. There's no fermentation stage for mozzarella so it's all citric acid separating the curd from the whey. It gets stretchy when you heat it. Like I said, it's fairly easy to make.

Looks great @Zambezi Special. The meat looks like prosciutto? What kind of cheese?
It's back bacon.
The cheese is either a block of cheddar or gouda. It's processed cheese as that is all I can get here (and there is not much difference in taste between the cheddar and gouda)
I have some over-aged Maaslander, but I am keeping it for special occasions

Mmmmmmmm back bacon....

Believe it or not, but I actually only like cheese on a toasted sandwich or pizza.
And it needs to be properly melted!
I'm just the exception to the rule :D

Believe it or not, but I actually only like cheese on a toasted sandwich or pizza.
And it needs to be properly melted!
I'm just the exception to the rule :D

A Nederlander who doesn't like cheese? :eek: Is that why you no longer live in the Netherlands? :p

Went for the deep dish again. This has to be one the most unhealthy things on the planet.
PXL_20210307_232830702.jpg

This has to be one the most unhealthy things on the planet.
Not really. Yes it has some negatives, but it is nutritious in many ways. The majority is wheat flour, ideally whole grain, so maybe excessive carbs, but this is balanced by healthy fats, protein, fruits and vegetables. No empty calories, low saturated fats.

Now pizza isn't health food, but a bowl of frosted flakes or a banana, a donut or a fast-food burger are far less good for you.

The bottom line is Eat Up, it is not killing you, but get some variety in your diet. One day pepperoni, the next just cheese and olives, then peppers and onions...

Not really. Yes it has some negatives, but it is nutritious in many ways. The majority is wheat flour, ideally whole grain, so maybe excessive carbs, but this is balanced by healthy fats, protein, fruits and vegetables. No empty calories, low saturated fats.

Now pizza isn't health food, but a bowl of frosted flakes or a banana, a donut or a fast-food burger are far less good for you.

The bottom line is Eat Up, it is not killing you, but get some variety in your diet. One day pepperoni, the next just cheese and olives, then peppers and onions...
It was meant in jest. Trust me, I eat a very well balanced diet and know how to eat right and take care of my body.

Almost ashamed to post this, but we're doing a frozen pizza tonight. At least we're putting our own toppings on (pancetta, sliced jalapeños and some goat cheese)

We do frozen pizza when time is short. Usually add thin sliced onions, minced garlic, some extra cheese and anchovies, at very least. Once you get some parmesan and crushed red pepper n it, it's pretty damn good. A nice beer helps too.

The biggest challenge is saving some to have cold for breakfast !

Back