Home made pizza

Do you do a long cold ferment for your pizza dough?
Not for my pizza dough. I mix up equal parts of Italian 00 flour and KAF all purpose flour and a teaspoon of kosher salt. In a cup of lukewarm (110-115*F) water, I add a packet of bread yeast, and let that bloom for about 15 minutes. The yeast slurry gets added to the dry ingredients with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, then mixed into a dough and kneaded for a few minutes. After a 15 minute rest, it gets kneaded for a few minutes more, then left to rest and rise for 3 to 4 hours at room temp. Then it’s ready to make a pie.

You inspired me to bake a pie tonight. Thinking a Santa Fe pizza. Pepper Jack and pickled Jalapeño slices.
I've never tried Pepper Jack on pizza, I think I will do that next pizza night

I've never tried Pepper Jack on pizza, I think I will do that next pizza night

Back in the '70s, there was a pizza joint in Medford, OR. Casey Jones' Pizza. They made what they called a Sana Fe. I can't remember much about the sauce, but the only toppings were Jack cheese and Jalapeños. Only ate there once and fell in love with the Santa Fe. Even my meat & potatoes Irish wife loves it. It is a treat. I use plain tomato sauce and sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Just enough to keep it from being bland. Don't scrimp on the peppers or the cheese.

Back in the '70s, there was a pizza joint in Medford, OR. Casey Jones' Pizza. They made what they called a Sana Fe. I can't remember much about the sauce, but the only toppings were Jack cheese and Jalapeños. Only ate there once and fell in love with the Santa Fe. Even my meat & potatoes Irish wife loves it. It is a treat. I use plain tomato sauce and sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and garlic. Just enough to keep it from being bland. Don't scrimp on the peppers or the cheese.
This is on the short list.

image.jpg
Another nice round pie. This one uses a spicy bbq sauce, baked chicken, peppadew peppers, onions and mushrooms, with a 4 cheese blend.

Good looking pies Ben. You Aussies put eggs on anything, don’t you?
Yeah mate eggs go with everything sorta like beer;).
I am Partial bacon and egg Pie to BTW don't tell anyone but in Aus you can be labelled a bit limp wristed for eating Quiche bloody yum I rekon!

Yeah mate eggs go with everything sorta like beer;).
I am Partial bacon and egg Pie to BTW don't tell anyone but in Aus you can be labelled a bit limp wristed for eating Quiche bloody yum I rekon!

"Real men don't eat quiche" comes to mind ;)
Can't remember what that was in connection to.....

Back