Bread Thread!

The sheen might just be the photo. All I did was give it a real light spritz with a water spray bottle before sprinkling the seasoning.
I got another dough ready last night and threw in a bunch of dried dill.

The sheen might just be the photo. All I did was give it a real light spritz with a water spray bottle before sprinkling the seasoning.
I got another dough ready last night and threw in a bunch of dried dill.
I'm doing what I call a Christmas Bowel clensers loaf:eek: Just a basic loaf loaded up with 5% Chia seeds this was prep last night.
20201230_053608.jpg

image.jpg
Fresh and hot, I redeemed myself with this loaf. I baked a loaf a week plus back, that failed visually, but taste and texture were good as ever. From hints I have read on the web, rice flour is the best thing to use for easy release of doughs from proofing baskets. My wife helped by picking up a sack of rice flour last week. Cheers!

View attachment 13436Fresh and hot, I redeemed myself with this loaf. I baked a loaf a week plus back, that failed visually, but taste and texture were good as ever. From hints I have read on the web, rice flour is the best thing to use for easy release of doughs from proofing baskets. My wife helped by picking up a sack of rice flour last week. Cheers!
Damn! That's a beauty! I can't ever get my cuts to perform that neatly. Yours turned out perfect.

Wowie that's some fine baking right there making me hungry.
I had my first good bake of the year yesterday been on a bit of a chia seed kick lately.

Looks good Ben. Does 600g mean the weight of dry material in the loaf, or what?
Yup I work off the flour weight with all my percentages. So it's a 600g plain flour loaf 30g Chia 12g salt (2%) 450g water (75%).
I gotta get some rye back in my life though I just like running it around the 20% Mark just props up the bread nicely.

You know there are a lot of similarities with bread making and brewing eh crappy starter crappy bread crappy yeast count crappy beer:rolleyes:

image.jpg
Fresh, not my best, but it is ready for consumption. Overnight fridge fermentation produced a fluffy dough that maybe wasn’t allowed enough proofing time today. I made the mistake of not fitting my baking process into dinner cooking and eating. Oh well, I have bread, and it smells as though it will tast delicious.
image.jpg
And it looks pretty good when sliced, though it is difficult to slice when it is still warm. I love this bread.

Back