Bread Thread!

View attachment 13811Fresh, not my best, but it is ready for consumption. Overnight fridge fermentation produced a fluffy dough that maybe wasn’t allowed enough proofing time today. I made the mistake of not fitting my baking process into dinner cooking and eating. Oh well, I have bread, and it smells as though it will tast delicious.View attachment 13812 And it looks pretty good when sliced, though it is difficult to slice when it is still warm. I love this bread.
Yup that's more holy then the pope:p

My offerings
20210122_194352.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good Ben!
Baked a loaf this morning from an overnight Biga. Turned out nice, just like the last one from same recipe. Think I've found a winner.

View attachment 13980
Looks real nice. I do like the biga dough.

In my Tartine book there is a recipe for sourdough english muffins. I may give that a go soon.

Looking good Ben!
Baked a loaf this morning from an overnight Biga. Turned out nice, just like the last one from same recipe. Think I've found a winner.

View attachment 13980
Oh yeah, that looks fine!
My sourdough loaf has been mixed, is now in its first hour of rest, before 3 rounds of stretch & fold/hour long rest & rise, then an overnight ferment in the fridge. I’ll be baking my loaf tomorrow night.

I mixed up a batch of sourdough last night, completing the final stretch and fold at midnight. Since then, the dough has been cold fermenting in the fridge. I’ll be baking that loaf later today, after I finish brewing Janet’s Brown Ale.

image.jpg
And here is my end product. Today, I paid better attention to proofing the dough, and the result was good oven spring. What a day - brewed a batch of beer, made a good dinner, baked a loaf of sourdough, and got the whole mess cleaned up and put away. Now time for whiskey.

View attachment 14157 And here is my end product. Today, I paid better attention to proofing the dough, and the result was good oven spring. What a day - brewed a batch of beer, made a good dinner, baked a loaf of sourdough, and got the whole mess cleaned up and put away. Now time for whiskey.

Sounds like one of my days. As they say, "There's no rest for the wicked!"

Having my coffee and hearing the Kitchen Aid whirring away. Some deliciousness is in the process!

I've got a rye sandwich loaf bread proofing now. I'm hoping it turns out as good as it sounds. It has dill pickle juice, caraway seed, mustard seed, and dill seed. Comfort food for our cold, cold weather we're having right now.

About to get my starter out of the fridge. Will be sticking with the tried & true Biga recipe that's turned out well both times I've used it.

Just pulled this one out of the oven. The Biga recipe that's been successful, with a little twist. Did an overnight ferment in the fridge. Also, cut the recipe by 1/4. The loaf is just a bout the same size, due to the better than normal spring in the oven.

Loaf.jpg

Cut the finish time. Wife has been complaining that the crust is too hard. Gotta keep them happy when they know where you keep your guns & ammo :eek:

Back