Bread Thread!

image.jpg
Fresh and hot, I made bread tonight.
Now pizza goes in the still hot oven.

Between the Pizza thread and this one, you guys are killing me! :D

Long-time bread (and pizza) baker (and quite good at it), in the last 5 years I've been unable to eat wheat (and most other carbohydrates). I miss bread tremendously. I am grateful that brewed wheat doesn't have the same effects.

Beautiful herm!
Thanks Ben. Getting ready for a road trip next week, so this is a small step in that preparation. My wife and I will be driving north to Eugene, Oregon, where we will spend the week looking for our next stage of life/retirement home. While there, will also be sampling some of the very good local breweries, cider houses and wineries. Gotta have bread for an expedition.

Thanks Ben. Getting ready for a road trip next week, so this is a small step in that preparation. My wife and I will be driving north to Eugene, Oregon, where we will spend the week looking for our next stage of life/retirement home. While there, will also be sampling some of the very good local breweries, cider houses and wineries. Gotta have bread for an expedition.
An important one too!
Good luck mate;)

Lembas bread! And you need some taters...(what's taters precious?). PO-TAY-TOES. Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew

Lembas bread! And you need some taters...(what's taters precious?). PO-TAY-TOES. Boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew
My bread does have kind of an elvish ear, doesn’t it?
It is always interesting when a post draws LOTR comments - I love it, and used that line last night while baking some taters.

Looks like you've got consistency down to a science.
Thanks, Bob.
I started with a good recipe, made some of it my own, listened to @Trialben when he talked about higher hydration, figured out the temperatures that worked in my oven, and I actually enjoy the long process of it all.

Thanks, Bob.
I started with a good recipe, made some of it my own, listened to @Trialben when he talked about higher hydration, figured out the temperatures that worked in my oven, and I actually enjoy the long process of it all.
As you've probably noticed I havnt made a.batch of bread for awhile got the starter in the fridge your loaves looks bloody amazing man I got to get some sourdough on the go!

You guys are killing it! The loaves look amazing!
Been crazy busy with the opening and been trying to get back to my fighting weight, so no bread for a while.
Down almost 20# since 1/1/21.
But.... Dough is going as I write this.
A kitchen sink bread or pizza dough is rising.
Bread flour, all purpose flour, about 35% wheat flour (1000G total) , a bit of oil and salt, and a nice glob of local honey. 72% hydration on this one. 1 tsp. yeast.
I think I'll do one loaf today and a couple Pizza's tomorrow.
Cheers!
Brian

You guys are killing it! The loaves look amazing!
Been crazy busy with the opening and been trying to get back to my fighting weight, so no bread for a while.
Down almost 20# since 1/1/21.
But.... Dough is going as I write this.
A kitchen sink bread or pizza dough is rising.
Bread flour, all purpose flour, about 35% wheat flour (1000G total) , a bit of oil and salt, and a nice glob of local honey. 72% hydration on this one. 1 tsp. yeast.
I think I'll do one loaf today and a couple Pizza's tomorrow.
Cheers!
Brian
Second the congratulations. I'm down 15, doctor's orders, high blood sugar.

I'm off of all whites, it's amazing how many I love but cant eat, problem is I'm drinking too much beer and not loosing anything

Back