Who do you cheer for?

Steelers! Ten and OH!
Class of the NFL!

Just saw this thread so here it goes:

Buffalo Sabres (bet you'd never guess that)
RIT hockey
Syracuse basketball
New York Yankees

Don't really care for the NFL anymore and don't have a team but I do like the Bills and Bengals having lived in both cities.

Been kinda a rough decade for many of my teams. This was like the only decade in like 100 years that the Yankees didn't have a World Series appearance. The Sabres are in like year 7 of a rebuild (spoiler alert rebuilds shouldn't take 7 years) and I don't think they know how to fix it.
Syracuse has been up and down, basically if they're projected to have a big year they flop and if they're projected to have a down year they go all the way to the final 4. The best way to describe RIT for people that don't follow NCAA hockey is that they're like a mid-major. Due to convoluted rules I'm not going to get in to, RIT is one of like 2 schools in their conference that is unable to offer full athletic scholarships to it's players. With that in mind and that they only went D1 in like 2005 it's really impressive they have been to 2 Frozen Fours but they'll never be a top tier program.

I feel like being a Cincinnati sports fans build character

I feel like being a Cincinnati sports fans build character
I was at the game in (was it 2010?) when the Reds clinched to break their playoff drought. That place was electric. I still don't think a Cincinnati team (other than the Cyclones) has yet won a playoff round since then. Used to pick on my buddy about that but then the Sabres started sucking and then the Blue Jackets finally won a round last year

Every year I have students who question my team Allegiances. I give the “when I was your age” we didn’t get to pick we watched local because that is what was on tv...

You guys won back-to-back Superbowls did you not?
Went once and lost, won the next one. Seems like ancient history (wasn't really that long ago). They well and truly suck this year. Not that I'm anything other than a fair-weather fan - I believe we watched the last four minutes of their last Superbowl (we'd just got back from skiing).

Every year I have students who question my team Allegiances. I give the “when I was your age” we didn’t get to pick we watched local because that is what was on tv...
Yeah get the same thing with people that don't understand why do many people in Buffalo are Yankees fans when Toronto, Cleveland and Pittsburgh are all actually geographically closer. Pretty much the same thing. From like the 60s all the way up to when I started watching in the late 90s if any team was on local tv/radio it was the Yankees. Also didn't hurt in my case that they were in the middle of a dynasty

Went once and lost, won the next one. Seems like ancient history (wasn't really that long ago). They well and truly suck this year. Not that I'm anything other than a fair-weather fan - I believe we watched the last four minutes of their last Superbowl (we'd just got back from skiing).
I honestly forgot about the Peyton years:confused:
I was actually referring to Elway! But yeah so they've actually won 3 total. I come from a city that won a couple AFL championships in the 60s and since then just a handful of lacrosse championships and the Isobel Cup (women's hockey) think that's why we're so miserable and defensive about our city:D

I am a Cleveland Indians fan (one of the reasons I drink) and in my lifetime I saw them lose 3 World Series, 2 of them in the last inning of game 7. I feel for no one.

I am a Cleveland Indians fan (one of the reasons I drink) and in my lifetime I saw them lose 3 World Series, 2 of them in the last inning of game 7. I feel for no one.
Yeah pretty much where I am. Cleveland is one of the few cities that can truly relate to Buffalo's pain. Although the Cavs did finally win with Lebron.

3272C1A5-914B-4793-AFBD-17BF7BFFEF73.jpeg

Not throwing stones at either organization, but I find it remarkable that such a small city (Cincinnati) is able to support pro sports teams.
There use to be talk of bringing an NFL team to Toronto (GTA pop = 6+ million), but it has been all quiet on that front for several years now.

Not throwing stones at either organization, but I find it remarkable that such a small city (Cincinnati) is able to support pro sports teams.
There use to be talk of bringing an NFL team to Toronto (GTA pop = 6+ million), but it has been all quiet on that front for several years now.
Support is a strong word lol.

Back