What are you drinking right now?

Since I've been home brewing, I've been branching out to different styles. Sometimes based on what's on the forum (i.e. Kviek yeast or a sour). The Kviek I tried (Third Space Nordic Sunrise) I liked a lot and have started to brew with. The sour I tried (Duchesse de Bourgogne) was ok but, not something I'd want to brew.
You jumped straight in the deep end with the Duchesse. I love it, but it's a unique beer inside the Flanders brown niche that's a pretty small part of the sour world.

Irish Stout
66A35EB4-8BB5-47E6-BC5E-F006798E1248.jpeg

My family is in Washington state for the rest of the week so I'm pulling pet and farm duty for a few days. Nice to be off work! I've got meat to cook, beer to brew, and just picked up a fresh keg of Mama's Yella Pilz. Please forgive the covid hair. I'm on strike and not getting a haircut till this covid thing blows over.
Rare sight of the Thunder!
IMG_20200812_154741.jpg

My beard is a covid beard. I tried to get the Yella Pilz as I’ve never tried it but my Kroger didn’t have.

I am very solidly rocking the covid hair - my last haircut was in mid-January. The front is longer than the back, and almost long enough to tie back in a pony tail. While working, my hair is either tied under a bandana, or held back with a visor. My wife seems to like it.

From yesterday afternoon, a pint of my Chinook Summer Ale and a shot of ET.
Shot and Pint.jpg

Tasted my Willamette Summer Ale earlier and it's pretty nice. Needs a couple more days on gas, but think it'll be the best of the series. Finally remembered I had about 3 liters of 6% cider in the freezer. Drained the good stuff from one jug and the other one is draining . Whatever fits in a 3 qt. jug is going for a second round. Developing a taste for Apple Jack ad cant wait to taste the next level.
Apple Jack.jpg

Last edited:
My family is in Washington state for the rest of the week so I'm pulling pet and farm duty for a few days. Nice to be off work! I've got meat to cook, beer to brew, and just picked up a fresh keg of Mama's Yella Pilz. Please forgive the covid hair. I'm on strike and not getting a haircut till this covid thing blows over.
Rare sight of the Thunder!
View attachment 11335
The Thunder in Action!:D

Had my brewing apprentice offer up this hornindal fermented galaxy hop bomb this arvo
20200813_182134.jpg

I swapped him some framgarden to play with in background.
He's gone over 10 pitches since I gave him the hornindal slurry. He loves it. Thumbs up I'm happy got him back into brewing ;).

How you liking the rye there Group W?
I'll be brewing a blond ale this weekend still not sure if I'll use my unmalted rye in this.
I like it in whiskey but not sure about it in beer. Couldn’t really taste it that much. Only had a about 10% in this beer. Going to pump it up to about 15% next time. Maybe the flavor was mild cuz of the local malt I used... IDK

Back