I visited a brewery today!

More from the trip north...Matanuska Downtown and 49th State ...basically stumbling distance from each other. Hands down 49th had the best beers despite its touristy vibe ( ya know...exit thru the giftshop) ...They had a black lager I could have drank all night and a brown ale brewed with a Chuga Mushroom which I hope helped to ward off any nasty germs in the coming return plane ride as it's supposed to be high in antioxidants.

https://untappd.com/b/49th-state-brewing-company-chaga-brown-ale/3671100

We went to Matanuska the next day where the vibe was much more funky and down to earth with good beer and good food where the pints went fast but I still had to drive to the airport so we kinda cut it short with just a couple of porters.

20200311_190640 (1).jpeg

Went for dinner and a pint at Tobermorey Brewing last night. Had their IPA, colossally disappointing. It was definitely bitter as you would expect but completely void of hop flavor and aroma. It did wash down a decent, yet disappointing steak though.

New Realm - Virginia Beach

I spent a week in Va. Beach before I realized I was about 10 miles from New Realm. :oops:
Beautiful place, clean, great staff. And the beer was awesome too.

We got there right at opening.

The Outdoor Bar:
666F6F41-22DF-4661-A077-4366C81803F7.jpeg

The Tap List:
5350BA95-0AF4-4682-852B-DE7EF3FE961C.jpeg

The Outdoor Seating, fire pits and lawn seating in the background:
FFB59812-8C1C-49AA-9522-49CE005C9623.jpeg

My Munich Dunkel!!
7FC99AD8-79B2-44DD-85CF-BA2B40F821CE.jpeg

New Realm - Virginia Beach

I spent a week in Va. Beach before I realized I was about 10 miles from New Realm. :oops:
Beautiful place, clean, great staff. And the beer was awesome too.

We got there right at opening.

The Outdoor Bar:
View attachment 10809

The Tap List:
View attachment 10810

The Outdoor Seating, fire pits and lawn seating in the background:
View attachment 10811

My Munich Dunkel!!
View attachment 10812
WOW! That looks like an amazing place, hope the beer is as good as the facility! A LOT of $$$$ went into that...

20200827_122522.jpg

Kinda...I was in the east side of Baltimore the other day ...I don't think they are tapping too many kegs at this place anymore ...maybe kneecaps but not kegs! I should ask my doctor is beer is good for me.....

From the Golden Age of brewing in Mob Town

View attachment 11672

Kinda...I was in the east side of Baltimore the other day ...I don't think they are tapping too many kegs at this place anymore ...maybe kneecaps but not kegs! I should ask my doctor is beer is good for me.....

From the Golden Age of brewing in Mob Town
Wow! Isn't that something!

Visited Couldren Brewery today.
Brand Spanking new taps havnt poured any beer yet hay hang on there are no Taps yet!
The local HB S in Harvey Bay are about to open their long awaited brewery and restaurant! Yay
Next week that is:oops: pity I'm only in town this week.
But Martin and James gave me a behind the scenes tour of their brew house and of course a quality assurance taste test of two IPAs and an Pale ale they have conditioning awaiting the big opening.

No expense spared here up to a Mill in costs:eek: all automated.
20201205_133759.jpg

Love that use of vertical space but pity the apprentice that has to clean those tanks from the top of a 8 foot step ladder. :eek::eek:

Love that use of vertical space but pity the apprentice that has to clean those tanks from the top of a 8 foot step ladder. :eek::eek:
Haa I didn't ask about that just thought it cool they can stack the fermentors. I bet their clean in place.
The boil kettle is gas fired the couple brews they have done they said the boil was a bit too vigerous they have to get the gas guy back so they can control the flame they said they cut the flame 30mins to go and the residual heat continues to boil the wort

Visited Macalister Brewery in Cairns Today.
20210212_160829.jpg

4000lt kettle All electric I think it was 3700lt fermentors. Boil off is 80lt and trub loss 100lt 17 commercial kegs / fermentor.
20210212_151225.jpg

Flight from left smoked porter - Eclipse IPA and Cairns Pale ale. Smoked porter was interesting.
Cheers!

Visited Macalister Brewery in Cairns Today.View attachment 14227
4000lt kettle All electric I think it was 3700lt fermentors. Boil off is 80lt and trub loss 100lt 17 commercial kegs / fermentor.
View attachment 14228
Flight from left smoked porter - Eclipse IPA and Cairns Pale ale. Smoked porter was interesting.
Cheers!
Ben, we love the size of the Australian flight glasses. No wimpy 3 oz glasses. Well done, Aussies!

God so many people in the same room, I'm twitchy just looking at it.

Looks like about the same as the density as our local brew pub where we went for lunch yesterday. Much different in a small town that's had minimum exposure though.

That's pretty much the norm here. Once you're seated, the mask comes off. We only wear them when absolutely required to get into a place of business. Our illustrious governor wants 25% occupancy, which most pretty much ignore for the purpose of survival, with good results. Wondering if they"ed supply us with masks if they threw us in jail for not wearing one :confused:

Around here, once seated the mask comes off.
I get my 1st dose of vaccine on Monday.
Nice to see some semblance of normalcy for a change.

I thought that might raise some suspicion :p!
This is Far north QLD so cases are pretty rare. But there is some covid regulations just sign ins.
Off to the Great Barrier Reef today and then back for some Hemmingways Craft beer :).

Around here, once seated the mask comes off.
I get my 1st dose of vaccine on Monday.
Nice to see some semblance of normalcy for a change.

Good deal.
Got my first 3 weeks ago and took the wife for her first yesterday. Go for my second next Thursday. They're telling us now that we still need to wear masks and aren't protected, even after both shots. Maybe I'll just take out one of my hearing aids so I can't hear them talking out both sides of their mouths. That makes just about as much sense :mad:

Back