Mango IPA recommendations

jaywaycon

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to transfer a mango IPA to secondary for mango infusion and dry hopping.

I was planning on mosaic and citra for dry hopping.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? Hops or anything?

@Vallka is ya man he brews a mango milkshake type beer every once in awhile.

On the hops for that mango fruity style I think Mosaic is great Galaxy lately I'm trying it's little sister Enigma which is not as bold as galaxy but I feel expresses them same fruit qualities Eureka is another on i love in this fruit forward style.

I brew a mango madness saison the way I get the mango in is post primary ferm I puree the mango 4 usually I pasturise the puree at 70c half hour to kill any spoilage i havnt been game to just dump it in pureed as is but I'd bet that will retain more mango.

Let us know how it goes.

Galaxy is super expensive here, if you can get it...

Another thing i find about Galaxy is you gotta be careful of Grassiness if left in post fermentation too long I'd go no more than 5 days max then get your beer off it.

Simcoe!!!! Making beer taste like mango since the turn of the century! :)
It's better when it's in the whirlpool, too but it'll give a good mango kick to the aroma and flavor. Mosaic is much more tropical/pineapple/grapefruit to my taste Citra is just full-on whatever-tropical-fruit with earthy/tobacco notes that make it completely unique. I use Simcoe and Mosaic together for not-too-heavy, slightly piney, grapefruity, tropical flavor for IPAs and Pales and use Citra in large quantity by itself in conjunction with Centennial for big dank/pot/tropical flavor, especially in DIPAs

I have been having fun with getting incredible juicy hop flavors in my beers, without adding fruit. Unless adding some dried tangerine rind counts as adding fruit. Friends and family are amazed at the juicy flavors when I tell them it is all from the hops!

Simcoe!!!! Making beer taste like mango since the turn of the century! :)
It's better when it's in the whirlpool, too but it'll give a good mango kick to the aroma and flavor. Mosaic is much more tropical/pineapple/grapefruit to my taste Citra is just full-on whatever-tropical-fruit with earthy/tobacco notes that make it completely unique. I use Simcoe and Mosaic together for not-too-heavy, slightly piney, grapefruity, tropical flavor for IPAs and Pales and use Citra in large quantity by itself in conjunction with Centennial for big dank/pot/tropical flavor, especially in DIPAs
Was going to mention Simcoe another great combo hop not sure id use it on its own though.
Have you JA?

Reactions: J A
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I have access to Citra, Galaxy and Azacca. Also would you add fruit puree at the same time as the hops addition post fermentation?

Was going to mention Simcoe another great combo hop not sure id use it on its own though.
Have you JA?
I don't think I've ever done a single-hop with it. I usually want to bump the piney aspects with Warrior for bittering and then give some depth to the heavier tropical notes either with Amarillo or Centennial. Then for extra lush juiciness it's Mosaic to top it off.
I'll have to try a single hop one of these times. I've had beers that are all Simcoe and I like them quite well.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I have access to Citra, Galaxy and Azacca. Also would you add fruit puree at the same time as the hops addition post fermentation?
Yep treat it like a dry hop. These days I feel if I brewed with mango I'd also whirlpool it too that way keeping it in the kettle.

Back