Smoking, grilling and curing foods, etc.

OK. outdoor cooking season is approaching. I've got several Vlogs I go to for new ideas. Let's share where we get our ideas from. I'll start out with one I recently found. This guy is an old trail cook and funny too. He pretty much sticks to comfort food.
https://kentrollins.com/

20200404_133252.jpg

Melted the snow glaring in the background with the pellet grill (a little help from the sunshine) all snow is gone now and ribs are sauced and finishing. With some spuds getting a smokin.

Neighbor across the street just brought over a B'day gift. Been eyeballing these after trying some I got a few years ago with little success and hoping they do better. Will be trying them out after the impending storm passes.

Mats.jpg

Neighbor across the street just brought over a B'day gift. Been eyeballing these after trying some I got a few years ago with little success and hoping they do better. Will be trying them out after the impending storm passes.

View attachment 9337

Should work for those smash burgs!

Should work for those smash burgs!

I'll stick to the griddle for the smash burgers. Wouldn't be able to get a good smash with the grill mats. Not solid enough. Made a couple of smash burgers a few days ago and they were tasty.

Looks like that'll keep ya going for awhile.
Roasted a boneless leg of lamb on the pellet grill for Easter supper yesterday. Selection was poor and none of the lamb looked good, but wife had to have it for Easter, so she picked one. Looked nice after she prepped it, but it may as well have been mutton. Was so disappointed with the finished product that I didn't even take a pic.

Lamb.jpg

Temps up to 80 yesterday and supposed to be about the same today. Took out a couple slabs of spares and prepped them late this morning. No trim, just plain old full cut slabs. Lightly salted and then light coat of Memphis Dust. Put them on the Traeger with charcoal pellets at 275F, about 1:30 PM. Will be pulling them at 5:00. Just checked on them and they look great. It'll be nice to try some ribs without all of the fancy prepping. I love pork!
Ribs.jpg

Miriam made up a green salad and is roasting a big old sweet tater. I made up a batch of slaw to go with the leftover ribs tomorrow. Welcome grilling weather! My time of year.

Back