Fun with Isolation

Down here in Louisiana non essential people are supposed to stay home. I'm fortunate that I am able to work from home. There are a lot of fools still disobeying what the governor has outlined many times.
I've been to the grocery a few times for essential items and to Walmart a couple times (6am).
What irks me is the governor has said no gatherings but there are still some azz clowns having large parties. Police recently arrested some fool for organizing that get together so hopefully that sends a message.
I've seen news reports how weird downtown NOLA is with everything closed. Breweries are selling for pickup only. Have to order and pay online. Same with restaurants but I assume that's how it is in most parts of the US.
Stay safe everyone. I'm ready for all this to be over. Although I am looking forward to getting my stimulus money.
That's pretty much how Maryland is. I was about to lose it when I went to Target the other day. Employees were way too close to me. Stay safe everyone

And I'd probably save the money in case there's medical bills or other unexpected expense. I'm really curious to see how many people think it's fun money

I don't understand why people don't understand. NY State alone now has almost as many reported cases as China. In NYC they are using lift trucks to put the bodies in reefer trailers. It's just a flu they said...
My wife just went through how many contact points there are in a simple grocery trip. Obviously the stuff you get, but the bags touch the conveyor belt, you swipe your card and put that card back in your wallet, anything those bags touch in the car, etc.
I can definitely understand how someone becomes a full on germaphobe

Amen to that. Many of those who don't get it may well be removing themselves from the gene pool. Hopefully, they won't be taking many of the good folks with them.
Well Bob, unfortunately, that is exactly what is happening now.

Don't know about all you guys but we still have trouble getting toilet paper and sanitizer. I don't really shop much at Walmart but damn you walk in to their stores and there ain't chit in there. Meats gone, frozen foods depleted.
Glad we have alot of moss hanging in the trees. Hopefully it doesn't come to that lol.
@thunderwagn it's more about stupidity than being selfish.

We are fortunate here in Canada to have a universal health care system. We sometimes complain about how expensive things are here, but that is the cost of always knowing that we will get medical care, and not go bankrupt in the process. I feel for people in the US that can't afford to get the care they need.

Don't know about all you guys but we still have trouble getting toilet paper and sanitizer. I don't really shop much at Walmart but damn you walk in to their stores and there ain't chit in there. Meats gone, frozen foods depleted.
Glad we have alot of moss hanging in the trees. Hopefully it doesn't come to that lol.
@thunderwagn it's more about stupidity than being selfish.
Right, what do you need right now or for the next 2 weeks or so. Ration what you buy and what you use

Well that was an eye opener this evening, we felt an earthquake! Covered a very large area too. Not unheard of in our area but felt in MT ID WY AND UT! KIND of a roller shook glasses, swung signs, rattled windows.

Well that was an eye opener this evening, we felt an earthquake! Covered a very large area too. Not unheard of in our area but felt in MT ID WY AND UT! KIND of a roller shook glasses, swung signs, rattled windows.
True what next 2020 couldnt get more extreme.
We had worst bushfires ever in East Coast Aus now Covid this crazy man enough to drive one to.the Drink :eek::cool:

Yeah, damn covid 19 and now Yellowstone is gonna blow. Guess we will be the 1st to go if she blows!

So, this is the big question, what is everyone doing different than they would have, are you cleaning more, fixing more, being a better this or that (husband/Dad) or just relaxing more which in most cases is much needed?

Yeah, damn covid 19 and now Yellowstone is gonna blow. Guess we will be the 1st to go if she blows!
If Yellowstone goes most of this side of the globe won't need to worry bout some little virus! Old faithful hasn't been very faithful last few years either. First time feeling the ground moving for me. Very strange.

6.5 magnitude in Idaho and east Washington, just looking that up, hope everyone is okay, it sounds pretty significant

So, this is the big question, what is everyone doing different than they would have, are you cleaning more, fixing more, being a better this or that (husband/Dad) or just relaxing more which in most cases is much needed?
Trying to stay chilled i hit the HB alot last week trying to wrap my head around it lol didnt do much help this week its a little bit more ah yeah this is kinda the new normal for now.

Trying to stay chilled i hit the HB alot last week trying to wrap my head around it lol didnt do much help this week its a little bit more ah yeah this is kinda the new normal for now.
I can relate. I am deemed essential, and can do some of my work from home, but there's some that can't and needs attention. I'm going in this morning and possibly tomorrow as well. I've still been getting in my cardio and lifting weights, but also sampling the brew and spirits way more than usual too! My work pants were a little more snug than they typically are this morning lol. I might need to work on my old healthier normal.

Chit! I was just reminded that I'll be 72 on Sunday :( I've tried for years to quit having them nasty birthdays, but some spoil sport always reminds me. How's a guy supposed to stay young?

Since I'll forget on Sunday, Happy birthday Bob! Stay safe.

My wife just went through how many contact points there are in a simple grocery trip. Obviously the stuff you get, but the bags touch the conveyor belt, you swipe your card and put that card back in your wallet, anything those bags touch in the car, etc.
I can definitely understand how someone becomes a full on germaphobe

Right Americans still swipe cards. At our local liquor store you use the tap and they are wiping it down between customers. They've put up plexiglass between us and them in the cough zones which I think is good regardless. Still a few points of unavoidable contact but it's realistic.

Little of all of the above personally, it's -16C outside today so that is probably helping keep people inside.

Working from home and trying to be more aware of the behaviors that drive her up the wall. Otherwise, mostly the same. Oh, and writing.

Working from home, and have been really busy actually.
We are fortunate to have a pretty big house, but it seems a lot smaller these days with 4 adult children here most of the time.
Sometimes I just jump in my truck and go for a drive, we can all get on each others nerves at times, but it has been okay.
Speaking of which, I filled up March 20th and am still pretty much full.
Typically I fill up once a week. I am in sales, so the company pays for my gas.

20200330_133128[1].jpg

Back