Fun with Isolation

In other more disturbing news the USA has reported more new cases in the last 5 days than China has in total to this day.

Everyone, please stay at home, and take every precaution possible when you must go out. One of the new issues we are seeing here in trudeauville, is a spike in cases in long term care facilities. There are still reports here in Canada of idiots ignoring warnings and going out and mingling. Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, just concerned about this community as much as my own.
Stay safe, and stay healthy BF freinds.:(

For my birthday on Saturday I was surprised with a virtual birthday dinner. There were 6 of us at home and 10 others joined via video call. We all ate together, and talked over each other, it was just like we were all together. I had no idea what was happening until we sat down to eat.
This was the invite
View attachment 9248
That's super cool. What a great idea.
My daughter says get a group of friends together on Zoom and everyone place drinks in different rooms. Everyone goes to their different rooms and drinks...virtual bar hoping!

Talked to my youngest who lives in, and is pursuing her doctorate in, St. Louis, MO. Their studies are all on line now. She and her cohorts are using Zoom both for socializing and information exchange. They were having their Mimosas as a part of their socially distanced Sunday fun day. Unlike the younger college crowd that insisted on business as usual over spring break, they are a good example for the rest of us.

Stay smart and stay safe.

Jesus you're old Craigerr. Be safe guys.

In other more disturbing news the USA has reported more new cases in the last 5 days than China has in total to this day.

Everyone, please stay at home, and take every precaution possible when you must go out. One of the new issues we are seeing here in trudeauville, is a spike in cases in long term care facilities. There are still reports here in Canada of idiots ignoring warnings and going out and mingling. Sorry to piss in your cornflakes, just concerned about this community as much as my own.
Stay safe, and stay healthy BF freinds.:(
Dont know about over there but any more than three together out in public will get whacked with a hefty fine.

i,,,, am going to start home brewing
You've come to the right place! SWAMBO and I are working on some projects we've wanted to do for some time like terracing our wildflower bed, some painting and such. I'm still working every day from home every day, wife and I take long walks....

Yeah, we have the idiots here, likely more in both rate and number than up there where at least the cold keeps some of them in! I'm sure you saw the images of Spring Break in Florida, stories about Liberty University and megachurches. We're staying in, doing all we can to stay away from just about everyone. Flip side, we're having virtual happy hours and reconnecting with people through phone checkins. And Denver is fining people for being out. Lots of Dunning-Kruger effect out there!

Just speaking with a friend, his brother was in Alabama commissioning a paint line in a plant. He bought a car to come home (he has a bit of money). He told them they are on their own, everyone is shaking hands and so on!
Meanwhile in New York City they are using forklifts to move the bodies into reefer trailers...

For my birthday on Saturday I was surprised with a virtual birthday dinner. There were 6 of us at home and 10 others joined via video call. We all ate together, and talked over each other, it was just like we were all together. I had no idea what was happening until we sat down to eat.
This was the invite
View attachment 9248

I expect it's easier to have a surprise party when it's virtual. You don't have to ask people to park around the corner, stay away from the windows and whisper when the guest of honor arrives.

Happy Birthday @Craigerrr!!

I expect it's easier to have a surprise party when it's virtual. You don't have to ask people to park around the corner, stay away from the windows and whisper when the guest of honor arrives.

Happy Birthday @Craigerrr!!
Thanks!

Chit! I was just reminded that I'll be 72 on Sunday :( I've tried for years to quit having them nasty birthdays, but some spoil sport always reminds me. How's a guy supposed to stay young?

Down here in Louisiana non essential people are supposed to stay home. I'm fortunate that I am able to work from home. There are a lot of fools still disobeying what the governor has outlined many times.
I've been to the grocery a few times for essential items and to Walmart a couple times (6am).
What irks me is the governor has said no gatherings but there are still some azz clowns having large parties. Police recently arrested some fool for organizing that get together so hopefully that sends a message.
I've seen news reports how weird downtown NOLA is with everything closed. Breweries are selling for pickup only. Have to order and pay online. Same with restaurants but I assume that's how it is in most parts of the US.
Stay safe everyone. I'm ready for all this to be over. Although I am looking forward to getting my stimulus money.

I don't understand why people don't understand. NY State alone now has almost as many reported cases as China. In NYC they are using lift trucks to put the bodies in reefer trailers. It's just a flu they said...

I think it's called being selfish and inconsiderate, and stupid and I agree @Nola_Brew. It's not that hard. Let's get through this!

I'd also say that I don't buy into China's numbers one bit, and our numbers here in the states are much higher also.
For example: a husband and father of three is listed as positive. His wife and three kids come down with the same symptoms...the other four are not tested. There is a shortage of tests available, so it's getting to the point of, if it's not critical, you're not tested. Supposedly some of this may change if some regulations are loosened a bit to approve different testing methods.

I think it's called being selfish and inconsiderate, and stupid and I agree @Nola_Brew. It's not that hard. Let's get through this!

I'd also say that I don't buy into China's numbers one bit, and our numbers here in the states are much higher also.
For example: a husband and father of three is listed as positive. His wife and three kids come down with the same symptoms...the other four are not tested. There is a shortage of tests available, so it's getting to the point of, if it's not critical, you're not tested. Supposedly some of this may change if some regulations are loosened a bit to approve different testing methods.

Amen to that. Many of those who don't get it may well be removing themselves from the gene pool. Hopefully, they won't be taking many of the good folks with them.

Back