Fun with Isolation

it's -16C outside today
:eek: ....and we're planting flowers! (still some frost at night though)
Honestly though, people staying inside because it is cold would be better than everyone wanting to be out because it is nice out.
That being said, with 2 kids at home, I am glad to be able to go out with them (we would all go crazy otherwise!)...just have to keep our distance when we run into others.

Yeah it's bloody cold out. My vehicle battery actually went dead last week cause I haven't been driving and forgot to unplug the dash cam.

This is largely operating in a similar matter to when I grew up on the farm, once a week grocery trips with some internet communication and walks with the dog.

True what next 2020 couldnt get more extreme.
We had worst bushfires ever in East Coast Aus now Covid this crazy man enough to drive one to.the Drink :eek::cool:
hey Ben are the fires still going?

Yeah it's bloody cold out. My vehicle battery actually went dead last week cause I haven't been driving and forgot to unplug the dash cam.

This is largely operating in a similar matter to when I grew up on the farm, once a week grocery trips with some internet communication and walks with the dog.
Yep same here.

If you have sensitive ears, you may not want to watch this, but all the curse words are beeped out.
Samuel L Jackson has some advice for us all, at least those will listen.
Stay the bleep at home!

If you have sensitive ears, you may not want to watch this, but all the curse words are beeped out.
Stay the bleep at home!
So So GOOD!!!

Stay the bleep at home!
Saw that one yesterday, loved it!

Yep its circled the globe herd it on radio yesterday. Halarious

According to NYC Health there are approximately 50,000 reported cases in the City of NY.
Fatalities in the last 24 hours were just a hair over 5 per hour in the city.
For your reading pleasure:

As hot spots flared around the country in places like New Orleans, Detroit and Southern California, New York City was the hardest hit of them all, accounting for the majority of the state's deaths, with bodies loaded onto refrigerated morgue trucks by gurney and forklift outside overwhelmed hospitals, in some cases in full view of passing motorists. And the worst is yet to come.

It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

According to NYC Health there are approximately 50,000 reported cases in the City of NY.
Fatalities in the last 24 hours were just a hair over 5 per hour in the city.
For your reading pleasure:

As hot spots flared around the country in places like New Orleans, Detroit and Southern California, New York City was the hardest hit of them all, accounting for the majority of the state's deaths, with bodies loaded onto refrigerated morgue trucks by gurney and forklift outside overwhelmed hospitals, in some cases in full view of passing motorists. And the worst is yet to come.

It is going to get a lot worse before it gets better.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you, my friend. We will see triage before this is over and more scenes like those in New York. It appears we have slowed the progress here in Colorado with some pretty radical measures but other places? Florida just now went on shutdown after Spring Break. New Orleans had Mardi Gras and are now paying for it. Texas has Spring Break, too, and they have exceptions for church services. I'm all for freedom of religion but freedom to spread viruses? Tough times. But on the flip side, I'm rather enjoying isolation (yesterday I half-jokingly told my boss that if he ever wrote up "not a team player" on my performance eval, I'd have to agree), I have quite a bit of grain in the basement and a mill on the way. May have to order some hops and yeast but LHBS has curbside pickup. So far, for us, the apocalypse has been rather comfortable!

The curve is in its early stages here in Canuck Land, we are bracing for it to get a lot worse here before it gets better.

If you subtract reported cases in NY State from the US numbers, and consider NY State a country, this would be the order:
USA
Spain
Italy
NY State

Screenshot_20200405-092523_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200405-092507_Chrome.jpg

Don't forget our numbers are crap, too. We aren't testing enough people to get proper data as to who has COVID, how many are asymptomatic, what the actual death rate is. That last number seems high until you realize the death rate is the number of people who died after having tested positive for COVID divided by the number of people tested. We have no idea what the disease is doing in the real world because for you to get a test in the US, you have to be pretty much hospitalized. So wear your mask in public, stay isolated as best you can, wash your hands frequently and, to quote Douglas Adams, don't panic.

Back