What did you get delivered today

I bottled the stout so I may crack a couple for St Patrick's Day and age the remaining bottles until the fall.

"After eight" stout :)
This probably belongs in the "Random Thought for the Day" thread but, when "After eight" made me think of ABV. The W00t Stout I brew has oaked bourbon added to secondary, which increases the ABV by an unspecified amount. I may rename it to "After 9" since it's somewhere in the 9-10% ABV range. Or "Ours go up to 11" if I add a little more grain or bourbon :)

Got the new glycol pump. Kegland have upgraded their submersibles it's a Topsflo pump.
20240215_155200.jpg

Just had a read on their site pump is good for up to 25000 working hours should outlast my homebrewery!
It's model number is TL-B10-B if anyone else is interested for their glycol or hot water circulation pump is rated for 24hrs continuous usage in up to 100c.
I see it's used for solar hot water systems...

9lt /min flow rate just hooked it up after nervously dropping it into my -10 glycol tank
Screenshot_20240215_163021_Gallery.jpg

@Minbari This looks similar to the link you gave me on your pump?

Works great. I collected the condensate last boil. Got about thre quarters of a gallon plus some still in the condenser itself so works quite well but uses a fare amount of cold tap water. Realy could not brew in the basement without it.
My wife's trying to get me to get one, do they help with smell at all? She's not a fan

My wife's trying to get me to get one, do they help with smell at all? She's not a fan
Mine does not. The house still smells great on brew day. Not sure about the purchased types, I think they have direct contact with steam and cooling water.
My homemade one does not contact the steam and cooling water.

The only time I get the house smelly is if I am brewing something that has multiple boil hop additions, and then it isn't so bad.
When I mash I am right below a window with a fan blowing out, so no smell getting in the house then either.
My set up is a Brewzilla, and their steam condenser.

They are some of the best I've seen great work @Donoroto!

Are they made out of Oak?

I bet they will look great on the keggerator.
Ah, well, the handles themselves are store-bought. Only the round inserts are my work.

One of these days I need to figure out how to do chalkboard like that.

Ah, well, the handles themselves are store-bought. Only the round inserts are my work.

One of these days I need to figure out how to do chalkboard like that.
Hmmm id probably tape out the outline boundary, route it out, then paint. It'd be a lot easier without the recessed area!

Paint & patience (narrow/small brush)
Beautiful handles :)

Hmmm id probably tape out the outline boundary, route it out, then paint. It'd be a lot easier without the recessed area!
You mean like chalkboard paint? I'm not sure I could make a recessed wood pocket smooth enough. On the surface would be easier but it might not look quite as cool.

So far I've been making painted steel inserts, held in by magnets. The recent problem is that the paint did allow the dry-erase marker to erase. I ended up glueing a thin layer if plastic to it as a writing surface.

You mean like chalkboard paint? I'm not sure I could make a recessed wood pocket smooth enough. On the surface would be easier but it might not look quite as cool.

So far I've been making painted steel inserts, held in by magnets. The recent problem is that the paint did allow the dry-erase marker to erase. I ended up glueing a thin layer if plastic to it as a writing surface.
What about a thin laminate insert, similar to what you already do? Dunno if it's available, but perhaps some really thin slate veneer? Something replaceable when the writing surface starts to fail? Might be too pricey, though. Dunno.

What about a thin laminate insert, similar to what you already do? Dunno if it's available, but perhaps some really thin slate veneer? Something replaceable when the writing surface starts to fail? Might be too pricey, though. Dunno.
Good idea. Formica should do the trick! Now for some testing.
Thanks!

All of us are smarter than any of us.

My local home-brew store is closing (RIP Simi Valley Home Brew Store) so i got myself a beer gun and some other stuff on discount. My friend who I taught how to brew got herself a Gen4 Brewzilla with a nice discount. It must be difficult for a brick and mortar to compete with online but I much prefer shopping in person for brew supplies.
IMG_8186.jpeg

Back