What did you get delivered today

image.jpg
image.jpg

Forgot to post this the other day, I really hate running out of caps, lol

I have accomplished Step 1 of moving to kegging; I now have kegs! A little beat up but, at half the price of new kegs, a few dings and blemishes are expected. One keg was not pressurized. I'll need to replace the O-rings (each keg came with a new set) and wait for my regulator to arrive. Then I'll pickup up a CO2 tank from my LHBS at see if it holds pressure.

New2MeUsedKegs.jpg

I have accomplished Step 1 of moving to kegging; I now have kegs! A little beat up but, at half the price of new kegs, a few dings and blemishes are expected. One keg was not pressurized. I'll need to replace the O-rings (each keg came with a new set) and wait for my regulator to arrive. Then I'll pickup up a CO2 tank from my LHBS at see if it holds pressure.

View attachment 28291
It's what's on the inside that counts right :p

View attachment 28291
The cat is telling you which one leaks, I think. Where'd you buy those?

I ordered them from MoreBeer. They had a set of 4 for $280 ($70 each) and a 20% discount they had emailed me recently brought it down to $224 ($56 each). Couldn't pass up that deal.
I purchased the CO2 tank and accessories from my new LHBS (TrueBrü). I went with a 5lb tank instead of 10lb simply due to cost ($80 vs $130). There was only a $2 discount on refilling a 10lb tank vs 2 5lb refills so that wasn't an incentive to go big. The only downside is an extra trip for a refill.

He might have been able to detect the leak. When I opened the keg there was a strong aroma of peppermint in the keg. I wonder if they do that on purpose to aid in detecting leaks.

Back