What did you get delivered today

Some hops a big bag of tettnanger some more of that amazing NZ hop magic this time Kohatu and some Galazy.View attachment 28052
Also got some yeast for Zambezi s Belgian brew and it's been too long since I brewed a saison GF sounds like it would pair well with mg brew style.

And I musta been too inebriated when ordering I got two of these Tetrahop Gold liquid hop extract View attachment 28053
I don't know if you guys listen to the brew lab. Well just a Millilitre of this stuff added at packaging is supposed to enhance head retention!

Looks like I've got a few years worth at that dosage. It's a bittering product so can play around with that too.

Anyhow should keep me brewing for a bit.
Interested in the tetra hop stuff results. I usually just add flaked oats, but I know that isn't an option for you

I do the exact same thing, man. Herms hold temps really nice. Rims for when you want to step quickly
Do you have yours virticle or horizontal, I ask because I've had one horizontal before and had issues

Do you have yours virticle or horizontal, I ask because I've had one horizontal before and had issues
I have mine horizontal. I keep it under 1500w though. Any more than that and you need significant flow to keep it from boiling in the tube

I might try it vertical and see if that changes it. I just need a way to support it. 15" of 2" stainless is not light
Need some welding buddies that do TIG/MIG and like to show off their skills. They could probably help you out with some nice looking stainless brackets. I weld a little, but I think dirt daubers do a better job. Pretty good at repairing my yard maintenance equipment or hardening the edge on something, but that's about the limit of my skills. Not building any ships anytime soon.

I might try it vertical and see if that changes it. I just need a way to support it. 15" of 2" stainless is not light
Temp set up just hanging from the pot handle from the tc
IMG_20240118_114958350.jpg
17056003708199107590089565358031.jpg

So my temp probe is on the outlet of the rims, that way I completely control how hot the tube gets

So my temp probe is on the outlet of the rims, that way I completely control how hot the tube gets
Outlet of my rims goes into the herms. Slows it down a bit, but doesn't over heat the wort either.

Still gets hotter faster than just adding 1500w to the herms

I ordered a bunch of goodies to make the first quarter brew and a batch of Wayners
Nice shipment of grain and hops but managed to forget the German Munic. it will be more for shipping than the grain,

1705615386522.png

I think it said it is for Belgian Abbaye
And I probably wont get to it for a while so dry seemed like the way to go.

I think it said it is for Belgian Abbaye
And I probably wont get to it for a while so dry seemed like the way to go.
Yeah I've used it in a wheatbier cloves for sure and a tart finish but that might be from the big arse strawberry addition.

Remember it's diastaticus positive FYI

OK! (I have no idea what that means)
Me either well it just means you got a lotta little pacman yeast that like to keep chewing through more complex sugars like maltose maltotriose exct.

Maybe their like little Perranas that just keep chewing until their is nothing left.

That's my take on diastaticus yeast strains. Im pretty sure they produce and enzyme which then chops the sugar molecule up which the yeast then metabolise resulting in sometimes almost 100% attenuation.

Edit I'm full of SH!t it's not WB06 that's Safale BE-256 that's a beige coloured back I think Saf ale WB 06 is more pinkish coloured.

Ignore all the grovelling above I'll go back under my rock now lol....

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever used anything except Lallemand Abbaye for an abbaye wheat. Did a Leffe Abbaye knock off a few times with it. That's a pretty good beer that I think would have a lot of flexibility for different adjuncts and flavorings.

I don't think I've ever used anything except Lallemand Abbaye for an abbaye wheat. Did a Leffe Abbaye knock off a few times with it. That's a pretty good beer that I think would have a lot of flexibility for different adjuncts and flavorings.
Good to know Roadie that's what I grabbed.
I don't brew Belgian beer so I don't know 3 parts of F all about it.

I ordered a bunch of goodies to make the first quarter brew and a batch of Wayners
Nice shipment of grain and hops but managed to forget the German Munic. it will be more for shipping than the grain,

View attachment 28069
Nice to see your steam condenser, still working well I take it?

Works great. I collected the condensate last boil. Got about thre quarters of a gallon plus some still in the condenser itself so works quite well but uses a fare amount of cold tap water. Realy could not brew in the basement without it.

Back