What are you drinking right now?

Snow day tomorrow. Sophie and I are going to watch the 1978 Cartoon version of the Lord of the Rings. So here is a glass of my Manchester gold bitter next to a map of the UK drawn in the style of Tolkien’s maps :)
IMG_7250.jpeg

Snow day tomorrow. Sophie and I are going to watch the 1978 Cartoon version of the Lord of the Rings. So here is a glass of my Manchester gold bitter next to a map of the UK drawn in the style of Tolkien’s maps :) View attachment 28072
Super nice! I'm still waiting to fully introduce LOTR or the hobbit to my 6 yr old. I think he's almost there but I want to make sure he appreciates it for the genius that it is. The Bakshi stuff is really good

Super nice! I'm still waiting to fully introduce LOTR or the hobbit to my 6 yr old. I think he's almost there but I want to make sure he appreciates it for the genius that it is. The Bakshi stuff is really good
We didn’t get real far. She got sleepy, will try again tonight.

MyDSC21-130.jpg

No thievin littil hobbitses gettin their 'ands on my preciousss Californian Lager. ABV: 5.5% at 5 months. It isn't as good out the aluminium mini-kegs as it was out the PET bottles earlier and the honey effect from priming has morphed somewhat with it but still a nice pint I need to repeat (oh I just did lol).

Little keg is almost finished, so I may just have another one after this one :)
At least then I can keg both my waiting batches.
Now if you look at the background of the picture, there's an enormous sandbank that's not normally there.
Low waterlevels as I am below the Kariba dam wall (hydroelectric) and the lake level is very low, so power generation is severely reduced
IMG_20240121_144152_350.jpg

Back