What are you drinking right now?

Should try it. Hard to describe. Has a sweet edge to it
Was doing a little reading on the subject last night me old mate sounds like premium Sake is Gluten free (all rice) the other sake (not premium) may have some other grains in their make-up.
I rekon alot of the flavours would come from the koji

Sipping on the bottom of a keg of Helles. Playing a little guitar by the fire
image.jpg

Death wish coffee. Slept little. Off to work. Kids are out the next 2 days due to flu numbers but we get 10 NTI day, non traditional instruction. Basically we send them work and are available to help. Sop is going with me. Wish me luck on that. On a side note the roads are shit from below freezing temps and snow.

The slick stuff didn't hit down here until late last night. Yesterday was actually a nice day. Got a bit of yardwork done before it started getting cold. My grandson came by just after dark to pick up some firewood, and it wasn't particularly cold then. Around 11pm, we had some sleet/freezing rain, with a tiny bit of snow flurries in the mix. I hear traffic this morning from those brave enough get out. It ain't school traffic (too early and all the schools are closed today and tomorrow). There's nothing in our little town that is first responder type work other than the firefighters, who likely would have spent the night at the firehouse anyway. Just folks passing through to avoid what would be very light traffic on the interstate this morning is my guess. I was pretty surprised to see/hear folks moving because we've got about a half inch of ice on everything this morning and had overnight lows around 19F. Maybe the main roads were still warm enough the ice didn' stick, but I ain't stoopid. Retired, don't need to go anywhere, AIN'T going anywhere. Ima just gonna sit back and read about all the superhero wannabes. Might have to go to pick up my granddaughter who spent the night with my stepson and his family, but it'll be in the 4x4 truck just in case there's still patchy ice on the roads. Got a pretty big hill to climb to get to their place, and I told them don't try to come down it if there's any evidence of ice on the road.

It's been below Zero f here for several days now . Stuff is starting to freeze in the garage. Have to bring it in before the pop starts exploding in the fridge.

Drinking lots of hot tea and water during the day, and a couple bottles of homebrew each night. We are essentially housebound since Friday, the last day temperatures got above freezing. Sidewalks are greased concrete, roads are not any better in this hilly part of town. I learned the lesson that the car needs to be parked in the garage when freezing rain is in the forecast. Yesterday, it took a few gallons of warm water to unfreeze the driver side door, then an hour with the motor running and a lot of chipping/poking/scraping to remove a thick layer of snow pellets glazed over by 1/4 inch of ice. It was a real treat trying to back our Subaru up the sloped driveway and into the garage. More freezing rain in our forecast today, before things hopefully start melting on Wednesday. Until then, nobody is going anywhere.

Some IPA to ease the chill. Going down to 14 F tonight. The sensitive plants are covered, perhaps they'll survive.

View attachment 28041
That looks good, Don. Later on, I will be drinking the last bottle of my West Coast IPA, a beer that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Despite all the warnings that it is nearly impossible to prevent oxidation with bottled beer, I honestly have not detected any signs of it from this batch, with good hop aroma and flavor persisting.

That looks good, Don. Later on, I will be drinking the last bottle of my West Coast IPA, a beer that I have thoroughly enjoyed. Despite all the warnings that it is nearly impossible to prevent oxidation with bottled beer, I honestly have not detected any signs of it from this batch, with good hop aroma and flavor persisting.
My beer never seed atmosphere after pitching. Everything is closed transfer. One advantage of kegs.

Back