What are you drinking right now?

The hops and the yeast make the juicy taste. No real juice just like no real banana in the Hefe.

So, what exactly is a North West IPA?
Well it’s an IPA made in the Pacific Northwest, of course. This is a beer you would probably enjoy, Craig.
From Ninkasi’s description: Malts = 2-row, white wheat and dextrose; Hops = Simcoe Cryo, Amarillo, Crystal and HBC 586 for 50 IBU’s; Flavors of citrus, tropical fruit and pine. It has a light body and dry finish (think crisp) with 7% abv. This version is a rework of their flagship beer, with lighter color and body, while being higher in IBU’s and abv than the original.

Never had this one. Very malty and sweet
20240124_161922.jpg

Well it’s an IPA made in the Pacific Northwest, of course. This is a beer you would probably enjoy, Craig.
From Ninkasi’s description: Malts = 2-row, white wheat and dextrose; Hops = Simcoe Cryo, Amarillo, Crystal and HBC 586 for 50 IBU’s; Flavors of citrus, tropical fruit and pine. It has a light body and dry finish (think crisp) with 7% abv. This version is a rework of their flagship beer, with lighter color and body, while being higher in IBU’s and abv than the original.
Hmmm sounds good to me.

My latest brew, a Vanilla Porter. Three of my friends came over for a pint as its ready for drinking and bottling. The consensus was they all loved it. Very creamy, biscuity with a coffee aftertaste. Really happy with this one. No better compliment than your close friends and girlfriend liking it!
IMG_8119.jpeg

Doesn't say on the can. Lemme check it on the website.....

Look HERE. That'll take you to the Oatmeal Stout, but they make LOTS of other things, mostly IPAs. Quite a few seasonal things. I've had a few of the lables, but not nearly all of them. Just haven't developed a taste for some of the fruitier ones. Just something about having beer in my juice, I reckon.
I looked there, sounds delish! Sounds not to different than my Coffee Porter, 6% 49 IBU's

So kind of a hybrid of a West Coast, and a New England. Higher bitterness, but with some haze, mouthfeel, and a bit juicier than a WC?

I looked there, sounds delish! Sounds not to different than my Coffee Porter, 6% 49 IBU's
Yeah, I'm not sure I could taste the difference in a porter and a stout with similar numbers. It is quite yummy, though. They use a pretty good dark roast coffee in it. The bitterness seems to be more from the coffee than the hops. The bitterness goes away pretty quick.

Back