Wiring for 2 chugger pumps

This whole “wife” thing...I’m not following.

I mean, my wife likes to spend money on things she enjoys. I would never deny her happiness.

Of course, no one has an infinite leash, but we all get to enjoy the time we are given. No?
Yeah...It's sort of a running joke but my wife and I made our peace with all that some time ago. I was able to justify bigger and bigger brew equipment because we have big parties that we really enjoy hosting. It doesn't cut into our finances in any major way and it really enhances our lifestyle on a number of levels. I don't go overboard and I'm at a level now that I have everything I can reasonably use but if it's needed to keep the taps running, it gets green-lighted. :D

To some degree we each have our discretionary spending that doesn't require approval, definitely just a running joke.

Well I keep a separate account, a slush fund if you will. Keep it funded with the money from a couple different side jobs I do. Anything over $100 comes out of that account. As long as the wife doesn’t see any big ticket things come out of the main account, she doesn’t care.

I don't often buy any big ticket items and my ingredient purchases are generally treated about the same as major grocery shopping. When I do see something that would fit well in my brewery I'll mention it to her and then, after a few days of reading reviews and price shopping, will tell her what I learned and she'll give me the nod.
It's been especially easy this year because we cancelled our Summer travel plans due to COVID, so the travel budget is fair game.

That's the whole point. It's cheaper if we do it ourselves and subsidize the transaction with our free labor. We just shouldn't try and fool ourselves into believing that there's a point where it turns a corner and the transaction runs in our favor. :D

I disagree and only have to look at my bank account to prove it. Whether it's homebrewed or purchased commercially, I will drink the same amount of beer. The more I brew at home, the less I buy from the store and therefore more money will be in my bank account. Once the savings of brewing at home reaches the cost of equipment to brew it, the transaction does run in my favor. Of course, this only applies to items that helps to reduce cost (i.e. a larger kettle, a larger fermenter, etc....even buying base grain by the sack). Items that make brewing easier or your beer better, are pure expense.

Hello everyone, my name is Craigerrr and I like shiny things that may or may not improve my beer, it has been 3 days since my last shiny thing purchaseo_O
I have to account for brewing stuff as well as hunting stuff!! :) If you think drinking beer is "cheaper" when you make it at home, wait til you see the bill for that "free" venison and wild pork!!! :D :D :D

I have to account for brewing stuff as well as hunting stuff!! :) If you think drinking beer is "cheaper" when you make it at home, wait til you see the bill for that "free" venison and wild pork!!! :D :D :D
Hunting is definitely cheaper than the grocery store **wink** **wink**

Reactions: J A
I disagree and only have to look at my bank account to prove it. Whether it's homebrewed or purchased commercially, I will drink the same amount of beer. The more I brew at home, the less I buy from the store and therefore more money will be in my bank account. Once the savings of brewing at home reaches the cost of equipment to brew it, the transaction does run in my favor. Of course, this only applies to items that helps to reduce cost (i.e. a larger kettle, a larger fermenter, etc....even buying base grain by the sack). Items that make brewing easier or your beer better, are pure expense.
I give up!! I take it all back! We're all money ahead with every glass we drain! Let's all go pour ourselves another "free" beer and toast our unparalleled success!! :D :D :D :D

What's a chigger?

Or fish.

What's a chigger?
Dude! They're microscopic little buggers that live in grass and love to jump on you and dig into very sensitive skin in their pursuit of blood. Itch like hell! You must lead a charmed existence up there in the Great White North to not know what a chigger is (full disclosure, lack of chiggers and ticks is one of the many reasons I love Colorado).

Dude! They're microscopic little buggers that live in grass and love to jump on you and dig into very sensitive skin in their pursuit of blood. Itch like hell! You must lead a charmed existence up there in the Great White North to not know what a chigger is (full disclosure, lack of chiggers and ticks is one of the many reasons I love Colorado).
Typo, I meant what's a chugger!

A philistine who doesn't take the time to appreciate good beer. Alternately, someone drinking mass-market beer with the desire to kill it before it warms up and the off flavors come out.
Noseybears beer drinkers description dictionary what a perfect example hilarious stuff:D!

Back