Who do you cheer for?

Australia won the Cricket world cup beat undefeated India in front of 120,000 mostly Indian Crowd!
6th time we've done it Travis Head inspirational in victory.
Yeah, bit of a shocker that!

Must not lose to the Bengals,must not lose to the Bengals, must not.....
Screenshot_20231125_195020_NFL.jpg

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Playoffs bound again!

The boys got 'er DUN against Georgia. One heck of a battle, but actually, just a typical SEC rivalry game. Old fashioned smash-mouth football at it's finest.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Playoffs bound again!

The boys got 'er DUN against Georgia. One heck of a battle, but actually, just a typical SEC rivalry game. Old fashioned smash-mouth football at it's finest.
The question is, was it enough?
I have read that the SEC may be left out of the playoff all together, which sounds insane of course.
Oh, and ahem, GO BLUE!

The question is, was it enough?
I have read that the SEC may be left out of the playoff all together, which sounds insane of course.
Oh, and ahem, GO BLUE!
Apparently, it was enough. FSU's out leaving Texas and Bama for the bottom two slots.

Here's the bracket:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

We play Michigan, and Texas plays Washington. If we win out and Texas wins out, I think Texas may not recognize the team they beat early in the season.

Not sure if it's good news or not, but Texas and Oklahoma are coming to the SEC next year and Oregon (and another PAC-12 team) are going to Big 12 conference. That'll make the dynamics even crazier, and next to impossible to keep the SEC out of the playoffs. Never mind how complicated it's going to make regular season play between the two divisions of the conference.

EDIT:
Just did a little reading, and apparently 4 west coast teams are headed for the ACC. Hmm, I know where the Atlantic is, and where the Pacific is, and these are colleges failing miserably at 3rd grade geography. That'll leave TWO teams in the PAC 12 (Washington and Oregon). Shouldn't that be renamed PAC-2? It's pretty amazing how much a media market can hose up conferences.

Last edited:
Just watching the playoff selection show on ESPN, seeing that now. I went to a Wolverines game in 2018, buddy of mine is a big fan, so I have become a fan too.
GO BLUE!!!

Apparently, it was enough. FSU's out leaving Texas and Bama for the bottom two slots.

Here's the bracket:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

We play Michigan, and Texas plays Washington. If we win out and Texas wins out, I think Texas may not recognize the team they beat early in the season.

Not sure if it's good news or not, but Texas and Oklahoma are coming to the SEC next year and Oregon (and another PAC-12 team) are going to Big 12 conference. That'll make the dynamics even crazier, and next to impossible to keep the SEC out of the playoffs. Never mind how complicated it's going to make regular season play between the two divisions of the conference.

EDIT:
Just did a little reading, and apparently 4 west coast teams are headed for the ACC. Hmm, I know where the Atlantic is, and where the Pacific is, and these are colleges failing miserably at 3rd grade geography. That'll leave TWO teams in the PAC 12 (Washington and Oregon). Shouldn't that be renamed PAC-2? It's pretty amazing how much a media market can hose up conferences.
Ugh don't get me started on the Pac 12 controversies this year

Here's the bracket:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Texas
4. Alabama

EDIT:
I know you like your Bama, and good for you. They are a damn good team. When I saw they left out Florida State, I was pissed. Go 13-0, pull a conference championship out of your ass with a third sting quarterback and an incredible defense and get left out? Dudes are on crack, and it really doesn't matter anymore. If they manage to get by a very good Georgia team, they should do the same thing that UCF did, just hang the #1 banner anyway and tell the college football decision maker idiots to go to hell.

I know you like your Bama, and good for you. They are a damn good team. When I saw they left out Florida State, I was pissed. Go 13-0, pull a conference championship out of your ass with a third sting quarterback and an incredible defense and get left out? Dudes are on crack, and it really doesn't matter anymore. If they manage to get by a very good Georgia team, they should do the same thing that UCF did, just hang the #1 banner anyway and tell the college football decision maker idiots to go to hell.
I have 3 teams I follow; Notre Dame, Army and Navy so I have no skin in the game.
FSU got screwed just because the mindless selection committee doesn’t believe in a 3rd string QB.
They pull this kind of crap all the time.
Farewell PAC-12
/rant over

I have 3 teams I follow; Notre Dame, Army and Navy so I have no skin in the game.
FSU got screwed just because the mindless selection committee doesn’t believe in a 3rd string QB.
They pull this kind of crap all the time.
Farewell PAC-12
/rant over
I won't go any further than this, but this is a time when the sports world parallels the real world. If only the leaders of sports associations and our politicians could be trained like pets and have their noses put in the shit that they put in the wrong place, the world would be a much better place. Again, that is as far as I go on a forum like this.

At least there is a playoff now, which is great for the teams it, but maddening for the teams that should be in it but aren't. It is not a perfect world, and probably never will be sadly.

Just did a little reading, and apparently 4 west coast teams are headed for the ACC. Hmm, I know where the Atlantic is, and where the Pacific is, and these are colleges failing miserably at 3rd grade geography.

Failing 3rd grade geography can almost explain how Pacific teams can join the Atlantic conference but how can you explain 14 teams in the Big Ten? :rolleyes:

Wow, guess I should apologize for being happy for my Alma Mater.

At least there is a playoff now, which is great for the teams it, but maddening for the teams that should be in it but aren't. It is not a perfect world, and probably never will be sadly.
And it’s expanding to 12 slots next year. I can only wish it were this year.

Back