Who do you cheer for?

Finland pulls out a win with a late goal feel bad for the kids from Sweden, such a rich history in this tournament. My first cousins are Finnish on their Moms side, so they will be happy
I'm a quarter Canadian on my mother's side so I might claim victory even if the US loses :D
I have been telling my friends for a few years now, watch out for the US, they are an emerging hockey superpower. As the game grows in the US the talent improves by osmosis. Then you take the skill and add the American will and pride! They will be the team to beat in a decade or two...
I mean it's pretty telling that we've now had a 1st overall pick from Arizona. Even if that guy is only even the 2nd best American center in the Atlantic division...

One area I've noticed that the US is starting to gain an advantage over Canada is goaltending. Ours has always been good but I wonder if Canada's is slipping because other than Carter Hart it seems like all the recent top prospects are from the US or Europe.

Should also mention though that the Czechs are tough. We did crush them but they did upset Russia. They're that type of hard working defensive team that's just going to try to lock you down and grind out a win. Think the NY Islanders but with no real Matthew Barzal

Should also mention though that the Czechs are tough. We did crush them but they did upset Russia. They're that type of hard working defensive team that's just going to try to lock you down and grind out a win. Think the NY Islanders but with no real Matthew Barzal
They are just showing the possibilities for the semi finals. If you Yankee Doodles beat the Slo (thanksforcomingbetterlucknexttime) vaks, then we get Russia, and the you guys get the Finns. Stars aligned we play for gold, that would be cool:D, it is becoming a classic match up. I gotta tell you though, I am glad we don't have to play the Finns again (unless it is for gold of course)

Damn shame the Swedes aren't still in it, they are always a class act

They are just showing the possibilities for the semi finals. If you Yankee Doodles beat the Slo (thanksforcomingbetterlucknexttime) vaks, then we get Russia, and the you guys get the Finns. Stars aligned we play for gold, that would be cool:D, it is becoming a classic match up. I gotta tell you though, I am glad we don't have to play the Finns again (unless it is for gold of course)
Well I don't want the Finns either! They're always tough

Well I don't want the Finns either! They're always tough
You my friend are gonna get the Finns, the alternative is packing your bags. I think the RW&B are going to be just fine.

OMG There Steve!
Suddenly a one goal game with 10 to go, hope your boys don't blow this! It is a shit ton of pressure for these kids!

That'll do donkey, that'll do

One step closer, both squads have their hill to climb

Classic confrontation about to start in the World Junior Hockey Championship Semi Finals!
Canada vs Russia
Screenshot_20210104-115554_TSN.jpg

He's going to the Sabres? Poor kid.

He's going to the Sabres? Poor kid.
Hey now! :D
I mean since I don't think they'll start him at center he has a decent chance at slotting in with Eichel and Hall. I think that's a pretty favorable position for a rookie

He'll look like a rock star with that line up.

Back