Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

Hit the wall on the maple syrup. It was a long and fun ride, but time to get back to good old Kentucky bourbon.
upload_2020-4-24_19-0-49.jpeg

Just picked this up today and man, what a great whiskey! I've looked for it for months with no success till today. I went to a liquor store that's not my favorite and there it be! 13 years (2005) on this one.
IMG_20200515_184223.jpg

This one is at its end, it has been a good soldier, a real nice 12 year old Speyside region Scotch, this is what the whiskey exchange had to say about it

A much-loved single malt, Cardhu is an easy-going, charming Speysider. With clean, crisp oak and sweet malt evoking flavours of honeyed flapjacks and home-made caramel squares, this is one for the sweet-toothed among you.

Not how I would describe it...
20200515_221257.jpg

The 14 year old Oban (little bay of caves), a West Highland Scotch. Accompanied by "kveik my shiny metal ass" by Northworks (my favorite local) in one of my favorite glasses. I try to mark the purchase date on my whiskey bottles, I have about 19 in my collection.
20200606_212240.jpg

20200606_212251.jpg

The Kveik IPA is 7.2%

Never ran across ET 100 proof. Thinking about cracking this one open on Fathers Day:

View attachment 10407
I think it's distribution is still fairly limited, but for about $23 for a liter you can't go wrong. Keep an eye out for it for sure cause it's a tasty drop.

That looks like a great Father's Day bottle! Look forward to hearing about that one.

Back