Whiskey, Bourbon, and Other Fine Spirits!

Okay, so, I do like me some JD!
A fine, fine whiskey...
If you don't already know, I am a single malt guy, and have an 18-20 bottle Scotch collection. I have been intrigued by the Bourbons that have been posted here, and decided to add one to the collection. Ladies and gentlemen, please, a warm welcome to the collection for Buffalo Trace. A fine addition to Craigerrr's shelf. Not overly sweet, sweeter than JD, but not as sweet as a Canadian whiskey. The sweetness though is very nicely offset by a very pungent flavor, and a tremendous flavor character. Well done Franklin County, Kentucky!
View attachment 8944
View attachment 8945
View attachment 8946
View attachment 8947
View attachment 8948
Three cheers on that selection. Had some last week in some old fashioned cocktails.

Being Friday night, I couldn't resist having a quick nuther sample of the Buffalo, along with a glass of the Cragunitas!
20200306_231114.jpg

So....what's the verdict?

I love the left side of that pic. There seems to be all kinds of drinking concoctions in the works over there!

So....what's the verdict?

I love the left side of that pic. There seems to be all kinds of drinking concoctions in the works over there!
If you can imagine the taste of stripping a piece of bark off of a tree, that would be about the best description I could offer. Green tasting if that makes sense.

They have a full tasting bar and usually have some pretty tasty seasonal mixes if you like cocktails.

Pandemic style old fashioned = grocery out of cherries and oranges. Oh well. I never eat the cherry and the orange essence seems to be handled fairly well with the bitters. That or the 122 proof masks all of it! I got no complaints!
IMG_20200412_183403.jpg

Black IPA and the Ardbeg
The Ardbeg is a full on assault on your taste buds, healthy flavor of peat, and smoke. It's like an angry Buffalo...
20200417_214055.jpg

Back