What's your next brew

Thinking about my next batches...I have an idea to do a brown lager for some reason. Google has only turned up Genesee Honey Brown, which isn't even brown in color, so not quite what I was thinking. And I don't want to do an Altbier... I want something darker than that but not black/dark in color.

Maybe some 2 Row, Munich, Honey Malt, and Chocolate Rye....Black Prinz for color

I got grains yesterday to brew another batch of Azacca pale ale, with reconfigured proportions of malts. After doing some hunting for hops that pair well with Azacca, I settled on adding in some Citra and Mosaic, while bittering with Magnum. In order to keep Azacca front and center, it will make up about 75% of the hops bill. I am still working out the details of how much and when to add the Citra and Mosaic.

Thinking about my next batches...I have an idea to do a brown lager for some reason. Google has only turned up Genesee Honey Brown, which isn't even brown in color, so not quite what I was thinking. And I don't want to do an Altbier... I want something darker than that but not black/dark in color.

Maybe some 2 Row, Munich, Honey Malt, and Chocolate Rye....Black Prinz for color
@Josh Hughes makes a good one.

Not sure what to brew next, but definitely something with a lot of wheat malt.
Got weevils in it, so gotta finish it quickly.
Maybe I can make a 100 % wheat beer since I biab?

I like it!
I have cluster in my freezer I need to use. you are the “cluster guy” what do you suggest? 2 row lager?
I use it in everything. Makes a nice clean bittering hop. I single hop with in my "That 70s Beer" with just Pilsner Malt and Quick Grits for an American Lager, use equal parts Cluster and Northern Brewer in my Shore Leave California Common, and combine with a touch of Sterling on the back end of my Classic American Pilsner. It's a much more versitle hop than it gets credit for.

Strike water is just about ready on this...kind of an ordinary bitter, but with more carbination and single hopped with Cluster. Thinking maybe I could call it an "Early American Ale" is there such a thing? If not, there is now.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1213678/ploughboy-ale
Nice recipe. Looks like a one-after-another type beer!

Early American Ale…check this out.
https://yardsbrewing.com/collections/revolutionary/products/jeffersons-golden-ale

Back