What's your next brew

Looks tasty. I had intentions to do a fall pale ale with lots of Munich too...there's too many beers to brew and not enough brew days :D
I hear ya. I really need to finish my kegerator. Got beer in kegs and only 1 tap lol.

If you can believe it, been doing this like 7 years and never made a pale ale

Coincidence I think so...
After visiting a client today for work discovered his cool hombrewing set up blew my mind in hombrew happiness lol don't take that the wrong way.
This guy had a dedicated lagering freezer for atleast 8 cornies - then he's got a 4 tap keggerator he just built. And ferment s in another fridge in some Aussie built old school 23lt myton rodd kegs loving it!

Anyhow here's the coincidence "what you thinking about brewing this weekend mate" i ask? A Swartz beer he replies. I told him I got one of those in the pipeline but was thinking just a straight pilsner beer with all this hot weather.

But after perusing his recipie and visa versa turns out our schwartz arnt too different :confused: he's colouring with some midnight and carrafa 1 just a touch darker to 25SRM second brew for him as well. So I said tell ya what I'll brew this this weekend and I'll bring a bottle round in a month or so and see how they compare;).

https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1204095/schwartz-lager

Back to back brew days Friday and Saturday. Friday will be a Golden ale; light, hoppy, low ABV, something easy to have on tap, hence the name... I have the ingredients to do this one twice, so the first time I'm just adding calcium chloride to RO water to hit ~50 ppm Calcium for the yeast. Next time I'll try to meet the Light and Hoppy profile and see if it improves the beer or not.
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1216850/on-tap-ale-ro-

And Saturday will be the Q4 Red ale with my future bro-in-law. I'm nervous but excited to brew with another human for the 1st time!

And you told him about Brewer's Friend and our monthly meeting right? :)
Of course he uses Brew Father ... but tried to download the Brewersfriend App but couldn't find it in app store I think.

Ah some HBers like to keep a low profile :)

I'm nervous but excited to brew with another human for the 1st time!
You'll be fine. There just something about homebrew that everyone seems to like, even if it isn't perfect. I have screwed up many a beer brewing for someone else, they always seem to appreciate the work and the uniqueness of the whole thing. You can always tell them there is no beer like this in the whole world!

You'll be fine. There just something about homebrew that everyone seems to like, even if it isn't perfect. I have screwed up many a beer brewing for someone else, they always seem to appreciate the work and the uniqueness of the whole thing. You can always tell them there is no beer like this in the whole world!
Great advice, thanks! He has brewed a couple times before doing 5 gal extract batches. He didn't like how they ended up and did not enjoy have so many bottles on hand needing to be drank :)

Last brew, actually, a Schneider Weisse homage on Sunday. Tasted my gravity sample today, it's nicely balanced between clove and banana, even though I let my fermentation temp go a couple degrees high the first day. That Mangrove Jack weizen yeast is a beast, it's chewed through most of the extract in two days.
Oh, myth busted, i used a whole packet of the yeast in 4 gal wort and an still getting good fermentation character. Underpitch does not appear to be necessary.

I have a case of amber ale in bottles, 2.5 gallons of Azacca pale ale awaiting its dry hops charge, and an American Brown Ale just beginning its fermentation. Once I have fermenter space available, I might like to brew another batch of Celebration IPA.

I've been really enjoying New Glarus Spotted Cow (a cream ale). So I think that will be my next brew. I found this recipe: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/edit/1217342 which has quite a few brews on it so I assume it's pretty good. One question I have is it lists one hop addition as "german select". I assume the author switched this around from brew to brew but, I wonder what specific hop would fit that description. It's for the 20 minute addition and list the AA% as 5.8.

I've been really enjoying New Glarus Spotted Cow (a cream ale). So I think that will be my next brew. I found this recipe: https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/edit/1217342 which has quite a few brews on it so I assume it's pretty good. One question I have is it lists one hop addition as "german select". I assume the author switched this around from brew to brew but, I wonder what specific hop would fit that description. It's for the 20 minute addition and list the AA% as 5.8.
Maybe this stuff?
https://www.morebeer.com/products/german-select-hops-pellets.html

I'm going to brew my Christmas beer of the past Vienna lager, changing this up a bit to use ingredients on hand

Attachments

• Vienna Lager_11.17.2021.pdf
    104.4 KB · Views: 44
Another one of these blonds
https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/1196938/talus-all

Gunna stick with the grist that's a winner.
But hops are gunna be Simcoe and Galaxy equal measure most likely WP and DH.
And probably gunna ferment with the Nottingham but will decide closer to the brew day.

After that I gotta get a pilsner on .
Most likely with a splash of Munich and hopped with Sazz mmmm mmmm summer time lager.

Dunkel for me. Probably Monday. I am off school, Sophie staying at my brother’s and Kim at work. Should Be stress free. I’ll go my usual 2 gallon batch. 3.5 lbs of Weyerman Munich and 1.25 ounces of carafa 2. I am adding 1.25 ounces of melanoidan malt as well this time. 25 ibu of Hallertau at First wort. 34/70 under pressure most likely

Vienna SMaSH - This will be my December palate cleanser from the post Thanksgiving/pre Christmas excess sure to come.

1.049 OG
≈35-40 IBU's
5%

Deer Creek Sweet Liberty (Vienna)
Sterling @ 60, 30, 10, 0 and Dry Hop
WY1450

Vienna SMaSH - This will be my December palate cleanser from the post Thanksgiving/pre Christmas excess sure to come.

1.049 OG
≈35-40 IBU's
5%

Deer Creek Sweet Liberty (Vienna)
Sterling @ 60, 30, 10, 0 and Dry Hop
WY1450
Look super tasty

Back