What's your next brew

My next brew, hmmmm
Well, my back is improving even with all of the physical activity of preparing to move, so this is a good sign.
Maybe, just maybe I can get back to brewing before the end of 2021

My next will be an all-grain Leffe Abbey Blonde. There's 16 pounds of grain in this batch! And I thought 12 pounds was a lot in my oatmeal stout when I did it all grain one time. I'm not sure I'll be able to fit all that in my kettle. Don't have a mash tun, so maybe it's time to invest in one so I don't have to dig all that grain outta my kettle after the mash before I can boil. Not real concerned about sanitation (other than basic cleanliness) at that stage, because it's gonna be boiled for an hour after I get it back in the pot, so I don't have a whole lotta problems with handling the grains with my hands after they're wet. I just need a better way to sparge, and maybe even a recirc pump to reduce some of the particulate I get by filtering it through the grain bed (and getting all the leftover sugars.)

I normally do extract batches because of my lack of hardware, and that lack is because I don't have many places to store the stuff needed. Or didn't. Now that I'm starting to clean out the garage, I have a closet in there that can become my equipment storage room, and I may build a fermenting cooler in there.

I'll be making a Vanilla Stout, in time for Thanksgiving company.

They'll get that and whatever amount of JA's Irish Red lasts that long. Probably not much. That's just too bad, they don't make me any beer. :p

Let us know how that Lutra goes for ya.
Now if that's not malty enough for ya I don't know what will:D.
I've used it about 5 brews and the only way I can describe it is if you've used gelatin before, its takes flavor away like gelatin but needs time to drop, im my opinion its a low floc yeast

Back