What's your next brew

Dubbel went into the fermenter yesterday, have to think about what I will brew next Friday.

Next weekend I hope to brew David Heath's ESB. From his video I learned that the English bitters are called "bitters" simply because they weren't as sweet as the porters that was common at the time of it's introduction. It's only somewhat recently that I learned that bitters aren't all that bitter. I just never knew why they were called bitter.

ESB Beer Brewing - David Heath

There is even a store near me that has Lyle's Golden Syrup!

Next weekend I hope to brew David Heath's ESB. From his video I learned that the English bitters are called "bitters" simply because they weren't as sweet as the porters that was common at the time of it's introduction. It's only somewhat recently that I learned that bitters aren't all that bitter. I just never knew why they were called bitter.

ESB Beer Brewing - David Heath

There is even a store near me that has Lyle's Golden Syrup!
I brewed this recently, it was fantastic, I will definitely brew it again, and would not change a thing. What yeast are you using? I used S-04

I brewed this recently, it was fantastic, I will definitely brew it again, and would not change a thing. What yeast are you using? I used S-04

I plan to use S-04 as well. If it's good enough for Craigerrr, it's good enough for me! :D
Also, while I usually use liquid yeast, I wanted to switch things up and I've heard nothing but good things about S-04.

I like it!
Here is a pic of my ESB, it came out darker than I was expecting, but I still would not change a thing!
20210328_162502.jpg

must be like double mint gum?

Or like South Western Ontario... Strange Geography.
Pretty cool geography here, we are 2 hours or less driving distance to 3 of the 5 Great Lakes! We mostly venture to Lake Huron, several great Ontario Parks (camping) on "Ontario's West Coast".
Screenshot_20210418-101628_Maps.jpg

Wouldn't the Western boarder be closer to the Manitoba border near Winnipeg?
Operative word is "coast" as opposed to "border", that region actually refers to themselves as that. It isn't an actual thing.

Back